Akira

'Cancelled, my ass!' You angrily think as the train arrives at Yongen-Jaya. 'What the hell?! Is he this stuck up about the public's view of him?' Your fingers press the buttons on your phone aggressively to scroll through your contacts and look for the one person who could cheer you up.

"Your date dumped you, didn't he?"

"Don't call him my date!" You blush and quickly walk out of the train, speed walking to your dorm. "It's obvious at this point he despises my guts. Besides, I bet he'll be enthusiastic to get rid of me."

"Aw, my little baby N/N is sad."

"Shut up!" You look around and gaze at everyone stepping off the train and everyone getting on, but only focused on people waiting for the next train. "Hey, didn't you say that you'd at the station? I thought we were meeting up to grab a bite."

"Ah shit! I totally forgot! Y/N, you're good at following directions, I'll guide you to the place and we can drink all we want!"

"... We're underage-"

"Alright, follow my lead!"

——————————————————————

"Oh, is this your friend, Mori?" The young woman next to Mori asks with a slow and quiet voice as she looks at you with gentle eyes and an even gentler smile. She was noticeably as tall as the server and was a big woman. A police uniform adorned her figure

"Yeah, it is!" Mori responds with excitement. She was in a sort of mock police officer uniform and had cut her hair down to her neck, something you weren't used to. Y/N, Ms. Chunuki ordered coffee for you!" You chuckle at Mori and sit down next to her, eyeing your lightly tinted coffee. "I said that you liked cream and sugar in your's, is that right for you?"

"Yes, Mori, you got it perfectly right." You dip your finger in the coffee to test the temperature, hoping it wasn't too cold. 'Nope, it's just right.'

The server clicks his tongue as he watches TV and turns to you, cleaning a coffee cup. "Either you drink it or not, don't dip your finger in it."

"Sorry, sir." You drink out of the cup and enjoy the delightfully sweet and creamy taste, letting the comfort of the coffee envelope you. A wonderful sensation shakes you as you finish the last drops of coffee in your mouth

"You must be thirsty..." Chunuki awes at how quickly you finish the drink, still smiling at you. "Would you like another?"

"Ah, no thanks, I don't want to burden you..."

"No no! I insist! Mr. Sojiro, another cup of coffee with cream and sugar for my friend, please."

The server named Sojiro makes another cup. Mori inspects your cup with a strange curiosity. "Ya sure they feedin' you over a' th' station?"

"Mori, dialect."

She rolls her eyes in a sort of disappointment. "Please Y/N! Le' me lego fur once! Ya'know ya wan t' too!"

"Mori, I couldn't..."

"Cmon~" She pushes you with her shoulder and tickles you, making you laugh.

"Mori! Stop!" You giggle as you attempt to make her stop.

"Go head! Le' i' out!"

"Fine! Mori, stop i'!"

The bell on the door rings to alert of someone's presence. A high school student, about your age, walks in with a bag at his side and glasses perched atop his face. Upon further inspection, something seemed to be moving in the bag.

"Hey, it's you." Sojiro greets him with a voice that wasn't exactly too happy.

"You must be the transfer student Sojiro was talking about!" Chunuki exclaims. "I'm Moroni Chunuki, it's wonderful to meet you!"

The student only nods. "Nice to meet you."

You couldn't stop staring at him, you couldn't stop wondering about who he was and why he was here. He obviously wasn't here for coffee or curry, so why was he here? Why were you wondering all these things? Why? Why? Why?

'He's kind of cute.'

Mori stares at you with a smile as wide as the moon, Chunuki's jaw drops, Sojiro couldn't believe what he heard, and the student only stares at you with curiosity and wonder. You try and process why everyone was staring at you, why they all were looking at you like you had grown another head. Then, you realize it. The mistake you had made.
'
"He kinda cu'."

You blush and stand up, not bothering to drink your other cup of coffee. "Thank you for the drink!" You thank Chunuki and grab your bag, running outside and ignoring Mori's calls for you to come back.

'What the fuck have I done now?'