269. Quotable

March 28, 2019

"Use a popular quote from a speaker and use it as inspiration for your writing."

________________________________

Yes, and that is the mantra for every eternal, hopeless, romantic optimist out there

Yes, and that is the mantra for every eternal, hopeless, romantic optimist out there. It could sound silly and childish, after all the adult life drains out all energy and what little is left is most probably used to tumble into bed. Believing in magic, something that was so easy in childhood seems impossible and improbable. 

But then magic need not be the 'typical' spells / chants / incantation one, involving the use of elements and being able to create things out of thin air, which would be fun though. (and this is a right point to for me to show off - Abracadabra is actually from the Hebrew phrase "I create what I speak").

Magic could be the pale flicker of hope, which keeps our lives together, it could be tiny sliver of faith that keeps us going ahead, it could be that unquenchable determination that does not allow us to give up. It could be a dream of a new tomorrow, a wish for better things or simply a prayer to be safe. 

It is magic for it keeps us alive, and strong to face whatever life throws at us. For when we believe, magic does happen and wonders come alive.

___________________________

Word count - 221 and as usual I have used the prompt as liberally as possible.