23 ✧ present

"After everything I've done for you Gaara. You couldn't let me have these next couple of days off so I wouldn't see him."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Okay so usually when (y/n) gets this anxious nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach. That usually tells her something unexpected is about to happen to her. Whether it would be big or small, the outcome would be the same. (Y/n) hasn't had a feeling like this since she was young, well younger, more specifically when she had no kids.

And was still an active kunoichi. She had honestly forgotten she could get a feeling like this but it seemed like she still could. (Y/n) really didn't appreciate it as she continued walking to her work place. Wondering if anything was going to happen to her there. Or maybe Gaara was going to inform her of something important.

(Y/n) could only hope it was nothing to bad that was about to happen.

______

"Gaara what's going on?" (Y/n) questioned as soon as she entered their office. Walking in, shutting the door behind them. She stood in front of the Kazekage, hoping that the feeling in her stomach was actually wrong. Gaara looked at her confused for the moment. Before a look of realization flashed over his features, a small pity smile on his face. That made her uneasy.

"(Y/n) you know how Naruto was elected as the next Hokage right." Gaara slowly spoke, spreading his uncomfortable vibes around her. (Y/n) just nodded her head in confirmation, where exactly was this going. She made a motion with her hand, in order to speed up what he needed to say.

Gaara hesitated before continuing, "That means that he will be coming over to Suna in the next days. In order to handle some work that needs to be done." (Y/n)'s eyes widened, this was way worse than she hand expected. That awkward laugh came out her mouth, the kind of laugh you let out of the wrong timing.

"No, this can't be happening," (y/n) groaned, palming laying flat on his desk as she hunched over, "everything always happens to us Uchihas. We literally have the worst luck ever." Pushing away from the desk, she sat on her chair. Slumping down in it and throwing her head back to look up at the ceiling. Trying to figure what she would do for the next few days.

"Are you okay (y/n)?"

She could only smile at how worried he sounded. Yes this was a lot to take in and yes she really didn't want to see Naruto ever again but she didn't hold the same anger as she did when she was younger. No this didn't mean that she forgave him for what he did but the anger she had slowly died down. But she figured it would be reignited once she caught sight of his face.

"No I'm not okay but what can I do about it," (y/n) sighed, sitting up in her chair and looking at her red headed friend, "it's not like I can run off again just so I am avoid ever seeing him." Wait maybe she could do that. Smiling deviously, (y/n) looked at Gaara who in turn looked at her wearily.

"What do you have planned?" He only sighed out.

(Y/n) only smiled, "Give me the next few days off."

"No."

(Y/n) only groaned out again. Why did Gaara have to make her life so hard? As carefully as she could, she wanted to bang her head in, (y/n) laid her forehead down onto her desk. "Why not?" She whined, before stopping. She sounded way too much like her brother Sasuke when he was around five.

"I need you here. You're the only assistant I have and the only one I can fully trust to complete the work needed to be done." Gaara was right she supposed. "Yeah I'm pretty great right." She couldn't help but boast pridefully.

"How are you taking this?"

"Well right now I feel fine but when I go home tonight I'll probably cry until I have no tears left and remember every painful memory I have. Then come to work the next couple of days and see my ex lover who I'll try to not to kill or punch in the face. But other than that I'm really fine."

Gaara could only nod his head. He really didn't think (y/n) was fine but he did believe that she would would try not to kill the blond but he had a feeling that she would maybe punch him. He could really never know what to expect with (y/n). Sometimes she was just so unpredictable.

(Y/n) really was lying when she said she felt fine. Not because this brought back a lot of unwelcomed feelings from the past but because she knew that she could try to act civil around the blond. What she didn't know was how she was going to explain was the issue of her kids. That would surely be a topic that he would want to know about.

And she couldn't hide the twins because they get dropped here along with Shiniki. So that (y/n) didn't have to worry about them being left at the academy while she was working. And with them being dropped off here, Naruto would surely see them.

Sighing softly, (y/n) would worry about this later. Looking at the stack of papers gathered at her desk, this was something that needed to be done immediately. Even if the worries of Naruto were greater.

_______________________

Okay I'm back but that's not the issue. I just wanted to say that this timeline in majorly fucked up but I really don't care anymore.

So since (y/n) was 18 when she had the twins and naruto was 19. I want to say that the twins are around 6/7ish and that they should be a year older than Boruto. Because I believe that Hinata and Naruto had him young. Or at least that's what I read from multiple sites.

But anyway yeah that's about all. I should be updating once more today or maybe tomorrow.