||9.||

•||Ch9: Unexpected Guest||•

||Mishal POV||

Zayaan was driving back to home. I noticed him stiffed a little and a frowned on his face. His fist were also clenching on the steering wheel tightly and turning into white colour.

I put my hand on my stomach when I felt the whole zoo dancing and running in my stomach. I knew I just had dinner at his parents house but I was still hungry.

"Is everything alright?" He asked me and slowed down his car.

"Yes. Everything is fine," I said and looked at him.

He glanced at me for a few seconds then looked back on the road.

"Don't lie to me," He said gripping the steering wheel more tightly.

I pressed my lips together and debated to tell him or not. I didn't know if I told him, he would get angry on me or not.

"Mishal," He said, a little coldly and it was the first time he called me from my name.

"I am," I paused, still unsure then finally gave in, "hungry."

I heard him sigh and he drove his car fast. When we reached home, he went to kitchen and started cooking something. I followed him quietly and felt guilty. He was not looking well and kept cursing under his breath after every two minutes later.

"You don't have to cook anything," I told him.

"Quit telling me that. Go, change and wait for the food.

I pressed my lips together and did what he told me. I came back to the kitchen after changing my clothes and noticed him hissed quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

"Are you fine?" I asked him in concern.

"Yeah!" He said and put the plate on the small table in the kitchen.

I sat on the stool and started eating it. The food was so delicious that made me wish to also lick the hands of the cook along with the plate.

"Why don't you tell me whenever you need anything?" He asked me and crossed his arms over his chest.

I swallowed the last bite and thought about the times whenever I asked my parents about my needs and how they ignored me or treated me.

- - -

Past~

I put the plate on its place and went to the living hall where the people who I called parents were sitting together. I went to them nervously and stood in front of them.

"Ma! Pa!" I called them, sacredly.

"What?" My father asked me, harshly.