Twenty

The award show was amazing and Ashton, albeit his confliction, had a great time. He couldn't help but smile at how hyper Luke was after performing. He's never been to a concert, so being at the show really felt like one and he can understand why Luke got so hyped up and energetic all of a sudden.

The boys won two awards that night; Artist to Watch and Best Song of the Summer. Ashton was cheering so loudly in the dressing room and he blushed when the hairdresser that packing up her supplies gave him an odd look. It's not his fault he's excited for his boyfriend. He was so proud of the boys.

Luke rushed backstage after they accepted the award and hugged Ashton tightly, kissing him repeatedly until Calum tugged him away in case someone saw them. It was too risky. Ashton frowned, but decided not to make a big deal out of it. The smile Luke wore the next thirty minutes was worth the sadness in his chest.

Problems only arose when the show ended.

They weren't problems, per say. There was nothing actually wrong. However, the blinding lights and screaming and tight squeeze on the way out of the backstage area was a lot to take in. He couldn't hold onto Luke, because he was busy taking quick pictures and it made Ashton really anxious. He could barely see from all the flashes.

However, he didn't make a big deal out of that either. He could see Michael giving him knowing looks, but he ignored the boy. Instead, he kissed Luke as soon as they got in the car, causing the boys to whistle as Luke was taken off guard. Luke blushed a bit, but laughed breathlessly as he looked at the grinning boy.

"Congrats, Rockstar," Ashton said with a raspy voice, kissing his neck chastely.

Luke grinned, "Well, if that's what I get every time I win an award then I'll make sure to not disappoint."

Michael cleared his throat. "Excuse me, we won too!"

"You're not Justin Bieber, Lucas," Calum agreed, but it was in a playful manner.

Ashton scoffed, "He's way hotter than Bieber."

"Damn, thanks baby," Luke grinned, only to be elbowed for the nickname.

Ashton asked as he stared out the window, "Where are we going? Back to the hotel?"

The boys laughed and Ashton blushed, not sure why he was being laughed at. Michael rolled his eyes and said, "No way, we just won two awards. We're celebrating at the afterparty."

"There's an afterparty?" Ashton was very confused.

However, he didn't get a vocal answer. Instead, the limo pulled them into a parking lot of a very fancy looking hotel. Ashton was intimidated by the fancy designs and large pillars that made the place seen even more expensive. He cautiously followed Luke, who subtly led him to the door. They were careful due to paparazzi already being at the hotel. It's likely someone tipped them off where the VMAs after party was going to be.

When Ashton went inside, they were led to the room where the party was hosted by Katy Perry. DNCE were performing and Ashton didn't know the song, but it hyped him up and made him feel a lot less tense and nervous. He was star struck, even at celebrities he didn't particularly like. He almost felt like he was going to faint at some point.

"Hey, you alright?" Luke asked over the music, placing a hand on the small of his back.

Ashton flinched in surprise, but nodded slowly. He moved in closer and said to Luke's ear, "Yeah, I just — is there any booze?"

"Booze?" Luke teased the word choice. "Yeah, but I'm underage in America so I guess I'm out of luck."

Ashton felt bad and grabbed his hand. "Wait, never mind. I don't want to drink if you're not."