Background Details

I always appeared to be just a normal human child, though I was born...special. I was diagnosed when I was only a few weeks old, as a type one diabetic, at least my human half was. The other half, is a bit more, how should I put this, mythic? No, I think downright impossible should be the correct term. My mother was human, but my father was, well, a vampire. Which makes me half vampire, which according to my father, is not a common thing in vampire culture. Anyways, I'm sure some of you have already figure out that those two halves could cause some conflict with each other. Every time I need to check my blood sugar, I'm half tempted to drink my veins dry. The issue for me and drinking my own blood, is that if a vampire ingests vampire blood, their blood begins to boil in their veins, quite literally, and painful I imagine. Their own blood melts them from the inside out. A very gruesome death I'd rather avoid.

On top of that, I just started every teen's worst nightmare, high school. It isn't any normal school either. Some kids were murdered back in the first couple years the school was opened. The killer was never caught and now the school is supposedly haunted. Everyone just calls it Haunted High. And weird stuff happens there all the time.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Wes, Wesley Tod. Well, I should probably get to the interesting bits, enjoy