Part 4

Two hours later, RK locks the door and gets on the bed. Seeing Madhu's eyes open he asks, "You didn't sleep?" 

"No." 

"Why?" 

Madhu shrugs. 

"You were waiting for me?" 

"I was not sleepy." 

RK sighs. "It's just that when I go out in a crowd, I kind of feel very drained and tired and I just have to be by myself to feel fine again." 

"I was kind of hurt at first because I didn't understand why you wanted to be alone but thinking about why you would want to be alone, I kind of realized it. I had read somewhere when an introvert or loner is forced to mingle in a crowd he is not comfortable with then he has to retreat to his shell or his personal space to feel himself again." 

"Really?" RK asks amazed. 

"Yes." 

"I never knew why I felt like that. It's nice to know." RK tells her smiling. "Thanks for understanding and giving me my space, Madhu." 

"I knew how much ever time it took you, you will come here." 

RK smiles hearing her confidence and trust in him and then he gently caresses her cheeks. Madhu closes her eyes contend and RK seeing that gently kisses her on her forehead. 

Three weeks later, on another Sunday, RK wakes up to hear Madhu praying. After her prayers are over she comes to him and puts tikka for him and like the last weeks he puts sindoor on her. 

"When you are up then why aren't you coming for the puja?" Madhu asks him. 

RK shrugs. "I never thought about it." 

"Next time onwards, we will do it together. Okay?" 

"Okay." He kisses on her cheek and she blushes. He sighs, he has been kissing her for some time now but she never kissed him back. 

"Go freshen up and come." 

"Why?" 

"To have breakfast." Madhu reminds him. Every Sunday, they had breakfast together. 

"You want us to have breakfast together?" 

"Why? What happened?" Madhu asks confused hearing his strange question. 

"If you kiss me then I'll have breakfast here."  

Madhu looks up at him in wide eyed shock. Seeing him cheekily grinning at her she tells him, "Then you have from your house." 

"You don't want me to eat with you?" RK asks shocked. 

"I do." Madhu shyly tells him. 

"But you don't want to kiss me." RK says in a sad voice. 

"No." Madhu says in a panic. "No...I mean..." 

"No, Madhu... I can understand. You never wanted to marry me... I just shouldn't have expected you to accept me so fast." 

"No, Rishu... nothing like that." Madhu tells him worried that he was hurt because of her. 

"It's okay, Madhu. I'll see you later." RK says and starts to get up from the bed. 

"Rishu, don't go... it is not that I don't want to kiss..." 

"I don't want to talk to you now, Madhu. I'll just see you later... or maybe it is best that we don't see each other today. I'll see you tomorrow." RK says looking down.