02 - Tears of Failure

Start from the beginning

The hyungs feel sorry about the youngest. What is wrong? What is wrong with Jungkook's performance?

As far as all of them know, Jungkook completely blow out with his performance. No mistake at all, not even the smallest mistake. What could be wrong?

A cruel entertainment industry after all. Those staffs didn't even mention anything about their performance.

They didn't even mention about any mistakes and they didn't praise them either. Protective hyungs. Few of them were about to walk out of the room, catching up with the staffs wanting to ask about what is wrong with Jungkook's performance but of course Jungkook didn't allow that.

The youngest quickly grabs the hyungs' hand and muttering a slow 'No' in between his sobbing.

"No. I won't cry anymore. Don't chase them. I'll be okay" Jungkook says.

From that day onwards, they swear they didn't want anyone hurting their precious maknae ever again.

Days after that they went back to their usually self and practice another dance cover for their last mission of the first task that the management team gave to them two weeks ago.

Jungkook went back to his usually bright self after promising not to cry anymore. He works extra harder than before after the first evaluation day.

Yoongi, he too is doing the same as usual. To be honest, the rank that he got from the first evaluation day didn't bother him at all because he knows, because Yoongi himself know that he is not that magnificent dancer like Minjae, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook.

The day on their first evaluation day, Yoongi did feel unfair for Jungkook. Because, how dare the management team put Jeon Jungkook, the outstanding dancer in the same place as him, Min Yoongi.

Min Yoongi, the one who did dancing as the "must" and not as his passion. Yoongi is mainly focus on his rapping and his lyrics.

Yoongi is a lyricist like Namjoon. Both of them is the matchless lyricist. Every lyrics they wrote, always containing some deep or even deeper stories.

Because Yoongi knows himself better than anyone, he didn't pay any mind about dancing. A decent dancing is good. If Yoongi make himself a spot in the group, the official role of himself is a rapper and not a main dancer or even lead dancer.

He is sure.

There's no way the up ranking staffs will make him the main dancer or even lead dancer of the group because there's Lee Minjae, Park Jimin, Jung Hoseok and Jeon Jungkook there with him and perhaps in the same group. Well, unless the up ranking staffs are sick in their mind.

When the second evaluation day is approaching which also marked the last day of their first task, they gather themselves at the practice waiting patiently for the staffs to come in and evaluate them.

Praying and hoping.

That are the things they did the whole time they wait for the staffs to come in. Praying for everyone stay there, no one have to leave, hoping for another chance and for the bright future ahead.

About ten minutes later the same staffs who evaluate them on their first evaluation day come in with papers in hands.

They didn't waste anytime and straight forward start the second evaluation for the first task. This time, the lowest two get to perform first.

Yoongi is the first one to perform. He did a great job performing his dance cover, decent dance movements, decent face expression, originality of the choreograph.

He finished his dance cover with loud claps from the audience. Then, it's Jungkook's turn. The maknae being more powerful than ever, passion in his eyes, confident in his self. He perform his beautiful dance, beautiful and powerful than ever.

A huge 180 degree change from his last evaluation. This time, the choreographer of the group stand up and applauded Jungkook. Everyone seems satisfied with Jungkook's performance. Same goes to Yoongi.

Next, the other members takes their time one by one to perform. Minjae, Jimin, Namjoon, Hyosang, Taehyung and Hoseok. That is their order. The other members applaud each of them after they finished performing.

The mood and the atmosphere that day do feel different from the last evaluation day. More ease than before. Maybe it is because the staffs smile a lot to them and actually give them reactions for their performance.

They were told to leave the practice room for a bit to catch some breath or whatever they want to do because the staffs wanted to discuss with each other about this evaluation.

All eight of them simply went to the other studio and sprawling everywhere there waiting to be called into the practice room again. They didn't talk to each other, they just meet eyes and continue being silent while waiting.

About an hour later, they were called to enter the practice room for the final rank or whatever it is. Harden face expression plastered all over the staffs' face.

The eight trainees didn't understand at all because just a while ago the staffs did look nice and satisfied with their performance and now, everything change.

Maybe someone or more didn't make it to the final line up of Bangtan?

"Minjae and Jimin"

This time, Minjae and Jimin is the bottom two. But if one was told why, of course one would say he didn't know. Because it's true after all.

No one knows the real reason, as far as everyone knows, the two did a great job.

"I'm sorry but I will have to say this. One didn't make it to the final line up and he will eventually leave the group and the dorm. However we will try to help the one who didn't make it to transfer to other entertainment company who is debuting their own idol group"

Well, maybe Bighit is not that cruel because they still try to help. Lies, there no one nice. There is no one nice, no one kind in this entertainment industry.

Everything is about success, everything is about money, pride and fame. There is no such thing as nice in this entertainment industry.

Even before the staff announce the one who didn't make it, all eight of the trainees already becoming a mess. Tears start dripping down from the corner of their eyes.

"Lee Minjae"

Honestly, they didn't understand at all. That boy, Lee Minjae is the outstanding trainee. No doubt at all. If someone who were to be kicked from the first task, it is probably Yoongi, Hyosang, Namjoon or even Jimin because Minjae is magnificent dancer, because passion in dancing is Minjae's passion.

After all, their first task is based on dancing and how dare they kicked out kid like Minjae who is one of the best dancer out of eight of them? Are they sick in their mind?

However, Minjae did accept the fact that he didn't make it to the final line up. Maybe his passion is not enough.

Through his tears, he just stand there doing nothing and the other seven hug him, making a group hug. They are bestfriend. All of them started to become a trainee two years ago about at the same time.

They have known each other a little over two years, practicing, dancing, singing and rapping together and now one has to leave making them from even number to odd.

Human is cruel.

World is cruel.

And Minjae left them. Left the group, left the dorm. The only thing that is staying behind about Minjae is the memory.

How bright they were two years ago practicing together, smiling and laughing together. All of that are now perhaps the bitter sweet memories of their life?