38 - Initiative

Edited

THE PAST

From a distance, June was able to stare. He was sitting sideways on a bike, a helmet clutched between his elbow and hip. His face shone as he wildly gestured while talking to the small crowd that had gathered around him.

Tomorrow summer break would start. She had wanted to catch just one more glimpse of him, even though she was sure she would never forget his image. He looked so tough sitting on that bike, so... sexy... She felt her throat become dry as she imagined what it would be like to be on that bike with him; her arms tight around him as they sped across a deserted road along the shore.

Her daydream was brutally interrupted when a heavy hand landed on her shoulder. The smell of cigarettes tickled her nostrils and she was pulled closer to the encroacher next to her.

"We ain't gettin' jealous now, are we Junie?" Emilio's mocking voice sounded next to her. "You wishing he'd be riding you, instead of that Harley?"

With flaming cheeks, she tried to turn away from him, but he held her tight. "Yo, 'm not done talkin' to you yet."

As she looked to the side, he blew a cloud of smoke into her face.

"Let me go," she growled, coughing.

"It was a gift from his brother you know... you hear what else he bought 'm?" Emilio continued impassively. "A fuckin' hot chick. Well, actually two of 'em. My boy was kind enough to leave one of them for us to enjoying at the party, while he took the other one for himself. Fuck, you shoulda seen her tits man... they were like this big." With his free hand, he pointed out the curves, smoke curling around his fingers. "My homie got to suck on 'em so hard; he coulda done much more with 'em than he ever could with those lil tits of yours huh. And man, those hips... and her ass... she was so fuckin' hot and the lucky bastard got to fuck her brains out, we could all hear her; the bitch loved it."

Tears jumped to her eyes. She tried to tear herself away again, but his grasp around her only tightened as he moved his lips to her ear.

"So it really was for the best that you ditched him, you woulda been a fuckin' borin' lay if you even let him between your thighs and at least now he has banged a chick he doesn't need to be ashamed of." She shivered as his hot breathing touched her auricle. "Like he woulda been if it had been you."

June pressed her lips together, trying to blink away the tears. Every word hit her like a wave.

Chuckling, Emilio let go of her and winked. "But hey, keep starin' at him if you like. After the holidays, he won't even remember your name anymore. I'll make sure of that." He slammed his shoulder against hers as he walked past, heading towards his friends with his head held high.

June looked to the ground, hoping to hide the tears gliding down her cheeks and she rushed towards the school, heading for the art room where she knew Jordy had wanted to finish up some things after classes had ended.

Swallowing, she stepped into the almost empty room. Other than Jordy there were only a few others around, but when she breathed in sniffling, Jordy turned around, as if she could feel the sadness that had entered the room.

There was a smudge of green paint on her forehead, which creased as her friend took in her appearance. "Hey... what happened?"

Shakily, she breathed out. "N-nothing," she muttered. "I – I just didn't know where to go to."

"Wait, just let me get my stuff." Jordy walked back to the desk, shoved her belongings in her backpack and returned, grabbing June's hand. She took her up the stairs and settled down on the top step. Thankfully last period was over, so the halls were empty.