30 - Author's Note

I want to sincerely thank you all for going on this amazing journey with me. I've been writing since — jeez — since first grade, I think. Of course, back then it was horrible. Then middle school, my tastes developed, but still not my skill. And high school to now, I've been spitting out more sentences than I care to count. Writing truly is my passion, and I thank you all for appreciating my hard work and supporting me every step of the way.

If you'd asked me three years ago when I started this story (honestly, it might've been even longer ago, wowza) if I thought it'd be even half as popular as it is today, I would've laughed in your face. I cannot thank you all enough.

Skylar and Oliver's story still has a long way to go. I'm planning new chapters to add to the middle, revisions to storylines I'm not happy with, and more more more. Because it was so long between writing the beginning and end, there are a few plot holes I'd like to take care of.

That said, I am going to take a little break, focus on some other stories, and continue pursuing my passion for writing. Again, again, and again, thank you. Your kind and constructive words have meant more than you could ever know. Whether you shipped Skyliver (ha, ew), or Parklar (wut) (guys come up with better ship names for me), we all want to say thank you. I never could've finished without your support — and your patience! Sorry that it often took three months between updates. I'm the worst, lol. But, I'm excited to share that I'm studying Creative Writing at Florida State University this year, so I'm buckling down. This shit's getting serious (laughs nervously because the future is, like, scary???).

But...

It's happening!

A sequel of Skylar's parents was requested, and here I am delivering.

One of y'all had the brilliant idea of doing a spin off story from Cuddle Application: a story about her parents meeting (whom I've named Tazia and Alex). In this story it explains it briefly with, "[My mother] wasn't interested until the summer before college, when she signed up to be a lifeguard at the lake and [my father] pretended to drown so she'd save him." It piqued a few of your interests (and mine), so I ran with it. I'm hoping to make it independent enough that people aren't required to read Cuddle Application before hand. And this is technically a prequel, so I don't think that will be too hard.

Guys, I'm so excited. This story practically writes itself. It always feels good when you're excited about what's to come next. I'm pumped. I hope you're pumped.

To give you a little taste, I've included a snippet after this.

But also keep your eyes out for my newest publications, Breakfast Love and All of Us. If you liked this story, I think you'll love those, too.

To reiterate, thank you, I love you, and you mean the world to me.

       xoxo,

              Anna Rae

.
.
.

Shallow Waters

((Cover by evepetal ))

Before there was Skylar Lane and her epic love-story, there were her parents. Tazia Tomasello is quick witted and sarcastic, even with her native Italian tongue. Alex Lane is a cocky jock with unused potential. When Alex fakes a drowning to catch the attention of a dark-haired lifeguard, Tazia is forced to teach him all the strokes of swimming - and maybe a few that are... not swimming related. It all depends on how shallow the water.