30. Splitting Up

(Y/N) POV:

I caught up with Donnie's brothers. They were on a rooftop. Leo was looking through some binoculars.

"Guys!" I ran up to them.

"(Y/N)?!" they all yelled.

"What are you doing here?!" Raph asked.

"I wanted to be part of the action when you catch him!"

"What?! Are you crazy?! Go home! It's too dangerous!"

"I'm not going anywhere!"

Suddenly, Donnie came up. He was huffing, puffing, and put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"..She's..too..fast.." he wheezed.

"It's about time you showed up!" Leo said.

"Donnie, you let her come?!" Raph raised his voice.

"NO! She came here by herself after I told her to stay behind since this was too risky!"

"I can handle this, guys! Chill out!" I defended.

"Wait, (Y/N), did..you and Donnie make up?" Leo asked.

I nodded and giggled.

"Y-Yeah, we did..thankfully.." I grinned.

Donnie smiled too.

"Awww, how did it go?" Mikey wondered.

Donnie put his hand in front of Mikey's face.

"No time to explain, we gotta catch this guy. Leo, where did you see him last?"

"He was walking down an alley way...we couldn't figure out where he went next.."

"But he might still be nearby, we'll have to split up" Donnie suggested.

"Right. Mikey and Raph you go that way" Leo pointed to a direction, "Donnie and (Y/N) you take that way" Leo pointed to another direction.

10 Minutes Later

Donnie and I were cautiously looking around for the killer. Unfortunately, there was no sign of him yet.

"This guy could be anywhere..there's no way in telling which specific location he's at.."

I clenched my fist.

"Well, we're not giving up..I'm tired of hearing everyday that they still haven't caught him...I say we split up"

Donnie was dazed.

"(Y/N), ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"Come on, Donnie! We may find him quicker!"

He shook his head.

"Over my dead body! It's WAY too hazardous, (Y/N)! I'm not sending you alone!"

"Donnie! I'm his daughter! You'd think he hurt me?"

"Didn't you say he threatened to hurt you when you were young?!"

"Well, yeah, but I'm sure those drugs just got entirely to his head. He probably said a lot of things he didn't mean.."

"(Y/N), are you even hearing yourself right now?! Why are you defending him?!"

"I'm not defending him! I'm just saying that maybe if I see him, he recognizes me, and I talk to him carefully about this..just MAYBE he'll reconsider..and turn himself in, peacefully"

He was bewildered.

"(Y/N)..that's a really bad plan"

I rolled my eyes.

"Just let me handle this!" I darted away.

"(Y/N)!! Get back here!!"

"WAH!" he exclaimed.

Donnie tried to go after me, but then he tripped on a rock.

"O-Ow.." he was on the ground in pain.

He looked up to see where I went, but it was too late. I was already gone.

"(Y/N)?!"

He got up.

"(Y/N)?!"

He searched around.

"GET BACK HERE!!!" he shouted.