Entry 9: Last Straw

Dear,

Have you ever been so angry? So upset, you started to question what you might be capable of. Because, As far as I can remember I haven't. Until now. After what happened yesterday I'm supposed to go out with Savannah, It's hard not to think of yesterdays incident but today is so much worse.

I knocked and knocked at her door, Trying to assure that we would keep to our plans this time. However she didn't answer after a full 10 minutes of me knocking on and off. And I hadn't yet gotten her number so this only sent me into panic and questions. 

Where is she? Is she okay? Is she hurt? Is she alone?

I ran around aimlessly seeing if I could spot her somewhere outside. After a while of searching I was exhausted from running around and worrying. I was ready to call it quits...

Until I saw a petite girl at the register of a beauty supply shop. She had her hood pulled up but I could still see light brown hair peeking out of the sides of her hood. It was her. After all that running around and trying to find her I did, I was so glad to see her safe.       

I was seconds away from approaching her when she turned to walk out the door Then.. I saw it. Her face, the left side of her face was bruised. The Black and blue against her pale skin was haunting it trailed down her eye and cheek, Her Hazel eyes red rimmed and filled with sadness.... And I slowly backed away stumbling down the street I came from. 

I walked away, In disbelief, In angry, In sadness...                                                                                         

How. Could this happen... When...?  I'm useless. I'm hopeless. 

I did nothing to prevent this. This... This is on me. And I know, I know what you're thinking, Why did I freeze up? why didn't I run to her then and there? Why didn't I wrap her in my arms and comfort her? Honestly... I don't. I don't have that right. I don't deserve that right. 

I realized something today. I've been standing idly by, Watching the world. Watching her world crumble. And Swearing that I could help her, That I'm better for her than her bastard boyfriend But am I? What did I do that's been better than him.

What did I change? So far I've done nothing, But not anymore. 

 I won't stand idly by. Because that was

                The Last Straw.

Today:  (⌣́_⌣̀)