Shades from Beyond: The Cards You're Dealt With

Card One: The Get Well Card

      In the Norton Memorial Hospital in the United States a woman named Frances Niles is all alone recovering from a surgery which nearly killed her, but she was strong and resilient. Her relatives are far away from her as they cannot leave the island of Puerto Rico that they live in because of a hurricane named Hurricane Norton that is a category 5 hurricane that is rampaging the island. Frances misses her daughter Amanda along with her granddaughter Mary that is 7 years of age. Amanda married a wonderful man many years ago named Brad Trevor. Frances had lost the love of her life who was a terrific man as well named Randy Taylor to cancer. She thought about Randy every day as he made her a better woman and she made him a better man when they were together. After all, true love is about being unselfish and to learn to care for others instead of yourself.

      One day Frances gets a get well card from a male nurse called Anthony Michaels. Anthony tells her that a mysterious stranger dropped the card on the front desk and paid a very generous tip for it to be delivered to her room. Frances thought that whoever it was that did such a kind gesture should be thanked in person. When she read the card it had written in it: "May you have a speedy recovery and have a happy life with the people that cherish you. Sincerely, your old friend James Cain." Frances remembered that James was a friend of her late husband Brad and through the years she liked seeing Mr. Cain as he was a truly splendid individual who became a millionaire by establishing his own card company known as The Legacy Showcase Corporation. They manufactured all sorts of cards all over the world from credit cards, smart technological elevator cards, the new armor credit cards, birthday cards, business cards and collective cards from sports or of popular comic book characters of all types.