29. Speak your truth.

"Mateo Santos." Toni smiled as she spoke his name, "we may not watch baseball much but your name is known simply because of how fine you are." Toni stated bluntly into the microphone of the live interview as she flipped her braids back.

Mateo has arrived in New York late last night and was at Hot 97's radio station bright and early for the interview. He could've definitely used some more sleep, but he knew this had to be done.

"Really Toni?" Marcus questioned as he looked over at her causing Mateo to laugh.

"It's true though," Yasmin jumped in with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Had I known you got down with the brown I would've been shot my shot." Toni let out with a laugh.

"Nuh uh," Yasmin started. "Remember he has a girlfriend." 

"Speaking of the girlfriend," Marcus picked up about to get right into the bulk of the conversation. "This picture circulating of you and this pregnant girl. What's that about?"

"I knew this was coming," Mateo started. This was all he was really here for. Usually they eased their way into topics like this, but Yasmin and Toni easily opened the door for it early on. "Nothing like they are trying to make it seem. Let's start with the fact that I'm single, so I'm not cheating on anyone." Mateo stated.

"Is that right?" Toni questioned as her voice went kind of a high and smile lit up on her face.

"Since when?" Yasmin jumped in questioning. "I see pictures of the two of you still on your page and hers." She literally had her phone in her hand scrolling.

Mateo chuckled lightly, "for a while now. Past couple of weeks. Past month maybe."

Marcus smacked his teeth, "that isn't that long. But nonetheless still broken up." He nodded in understanding.

"Why haven't you or her taken the pictures down though?" Toni asked.

"You have to ask her why she didn't take them down on her end but I honestly didn't even think about it. I don't be on social media too much. I'll post here and there and do ads for my sponsors but I'm not one of those people glued to my phone. But I'll make sure I take them down to clear up the confusion."

"I feel it, I'm like you. It ain't that deep. My girl told me to delete the pictures with my ex on my page. Shit didn't even cross your mind." Marcus chimed in.

"Exactly." Mateo stated in agreeance.

"Nahh, my man is not keeping no pictures of no girl he was with up." Toni said matter of factly. "But you ladies heard it here first, Mateo is big single. Well maybe because we haven't got into it about this other girl yet." Toni continued.

"Right who is the girl in the picture? You say you and your ex been broken up for the past month. The girl in the picture is very pregnant. Are you about to play step daddy or what?" Yasmin questioned.

Mateo laughed at the last part of the statement. "No I'm not about to play step daddy. She is about to be the mother of my child."

"Wait, what? Let's back up. Let's back up. You said you didn't cheat on your girl. And remind you, you said the two of you have only been broken up for a few weeks but that girl who looks like she at the end of her pregnancy is about to be your baby mama?" Toni questioned with her eyebrows brought in. Confusion on her face.

"I can't even help you on that one man. You're going to have to make it make sense." Marcus let out with a low chuckle.

"Sounds like you cheated." Yasmin said in a sing song voice.