chapter 2❁

About 20 minutes after bumping into Mondo, I found myself not in my room, it was clear i wouldn't be able to sleep from the start, I couldn't even shut my eyes without fear taking over me. I was holding a pack of Gummy-bears as i walked as quietly as i could down the corridor, trying not to wake anyone, i was chewing anxiously, which was louder than normal which didn't exactly help me, I went into the Dining hall and pushed 2 chairs together so i could lay down on them. I placed the gummies on the table, so i could still reach them of course and reached my hand up to nothing in particular, i stared up at the dull ceiling and sighed, i guess we really will have to live lives like caged animals. It's no different from my regular life if I'm honest so after calming myself I'm pretty much okay with it. I mean no one in here's gonna actually be driven to kill right? If you wouldn't do it on the outside world, then why would you do it here? It kind of scares me that i could just die off without a moments notice, but that does give reason to live in the moment doesn't it? It could be your last day so live it with a smile! 

I thought i heard a creaking noise, so instinctively i jolted up, my eyes darted around the room to see if anyone was there, it must've just been my imagination though because no one was actually there. I saw the gummies were finished so I threw the packet into the nearest trashcan and found a lollipop in my pocket, it was apple flavoured, not my favourite but it'll do, I unwrapped it and placed it back in my mouth as i laid back down my thought drifted over to him

"Mondo Oowada..." I muttered to myself. His name rings bells in my head but no matter how hard i try to think of how i know him i just can't seem to find it, it's confusing me, why can't i remember him? Maybe if i get to know him more my memories will drift back into my mind, i mean yea it sounds stupid, but it could be stupid enough to work ! I giggled to myself, but i heard someone's voice so i stiffened up, until i heard whose voice it was

" I thought i told you not to leave your room you idiot." I saw his pompadour cast a shadow across my face as he stood in front of me.

" but i couldn't sleep!" I whined as i stood up

" You too?" I held my hand over my mouth, trying not to laugh

" I-I never thought a biker gang leader would get scared so easily!" i squeaked as i prepared myself for him to get angry at my comment, but to my surprise he was actually pretty calm about it.

" Well who wouldn't be scared in this situation.." he trailed off.

" ehe good point..." I looked down and he could probably sense my distress when he asked me

" So do ya wanna come back to my room? I mean since neither of us can sleep it would be good to talk or something...and if we do fall asleep we can't get killed for not being in the dorms.." I smiled and took the lollipop out of my mouth.

" I'd love too!" And with that we took off and went to his room.

His room had a very...different interior to mine, mine was full of bright colours and candy and stuff and his was very dark and well...bikery! Which is fitting I guess, I fell face first on to his bed, but it wasn't exactly as bouncy as mine so it hurt more than i expected, Mondo sat himself next to me and we spent most of the night/morning chatting about stuff when i finally decided to ask him the thing that'd been on my mind for quite a while now.

" Hey Mondo... Do you feel like you can remember something...that you can't remember?" I asked, turning myself over so i could look at him, he smiled to himself, I'm not sure what it was about but it was cute.

" In a way...yeah..I mean..it's just I'm not sure if what I'm trying to remember is real or not." I wasn't sure what to say so we both lay/sat there in complete silence

" What happens if one of us gets killed Mondo?" I asked from out of the blue, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

" I can't answer that because i know it ain't gonna happen. I can protect myself, as long as i can do that then I'll be able to protect you too." I could tell that he was being honest, and i smiled at i closed my eyes, i let myself drift off, at peace with myself now that i knew i had him there with me, as i felt myself being picked up, I'm not sure where i was taken though because i was too busy being lost in my dreams.

The morniNG

When I awoke i found myself inside my room, the morning announcement had gone off and i stretched my arms and found something covering my body, I looked down and it revealed itself to be Mondo's overcoat , i picked it up and hugged it tightly, we may have just met but i already love him! How childish! But i mean who knows how long we'll be here! This game can't stop me from having fun! I giggled as i went and put on my regular clothes, my hair and the other normal things i do in the mornings,when i was ready i headed down the hallway until i reached the dining hall again.

" heyyyyyyya everyone!" I smiled as i reached into the cupboards and grabbed some cookies to munch on.

" why are you so cheerful....have you forgotten the situation we're in.." I heard Asahina mumble as i turned to face her.

" Now this is just how i think about it, you don't have to but it does make you happier, Since you never know when you'll be killed in here, It's best to live all your days with a smile and make them memorable!" I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and i looked up to see the pompadour cutie.

" Yea, i agree with Y/N! You guys should stop being so fucking down about this shit and live for what you've been living for all this time!" I smiled as we saw the attitudes of people change like a light bulb being switched on, more general chatter was going on so i decided i would ask Mondo about what happened

" H-hey Mondo? why did i wake up with your overcoat covering me?" I questioned him, holding it out to him

" W-well ya looked cold and i didn't wanna wake ya so used my overcoat,but i got plenty more of em so you can keep it if ya want.." He looked away from me like a tsundere would, which made me giggle slightly, I put the overcoat on, but it was far too big for me, my arms only made it about three quarters of the way through the sleeves and the back of it was about 1mm from the floor.

" dont. you. dare.." I gave him the best death glare i could but he burst out laughing.

" meanie!" I threw a lollipop at him, and ran, i was quite an energetic person so i ran pretty quickly, Mondo was running after me but he couldn't catch up until,, i accidentally tripped on the overcoat and landed with a thud on the floor, i didn't really hurt anything but i still groaned because i think i might've scraped my leg out something.

" Jeez you gotta learn to be more careful Y/N.." I heard him tell me as he picked me up

" I can walk myself you know!" I folded my arms and huffed at him as he carried me to my room. He put me down on the bed and told me to rest my leg, for the rest of the day Mondo and I stayed in my room, chatting, making jokes, eating candy, just normal stuff, but before we knew it the nighttime announcement had yet again gone off.

" Do you want me to stay with ya again Y/N?" 

" Well, i don't need you too but if you wanted to keep me safe it might help..."

" Fine but it's only cause i wanna protect you!" he yelled as he got onto the bed with me, he was at a distance because he respected my personal space but, after a while, when I'd decided he was probably asleep, I snuggled up to him because he was really warm and i found my way back into dreamland