Reigning Stars

...Reigning Stars

Chapter 1: The Encounter

...Denz's POV...

I was lying at my bed now relaxing. This feels good! Summer break started and it will took 2 and a half months. I can't go out because it's too cold outside. My mom would probably be worried if she knew I got sick. Hehe. So, I'm avoiding catching cold or any sickness. Since, I was far from my family. Yes, they're in Korea, while I'm studying here in California USA. It was my choice to stay here.

My mom told me, I should study in Philippines, but, I said it was better if I'm too far away from Korea. I was about to shut my eyes when I heard my phone rang. Where is it, anyway? I looked for it and saw the flashing cellphone at the side table.

Calling... k-ann-unniÜ

I took it and answered the call from my cousin. "Hello."

"Yeoboseyo, Denz?" K-ann spoke.

"Yeoboseyo?! Wow! You're talking to me in Korean, Unni!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry! Just excited." K-ann-Unni answered. "Uh, Denz, it's your summer break now, right?" She asked immediately.

"Yep. Wae?" I answered and asked too.

"Denz, there's an emergency here in Korea... Your dad..." She said slowly with a hint of sadness.

I stood up. I started to get worried after hearing my father's name. "What happened to Appa?" I asked worriedly and nervously.

"He was brought to a hosital earlier. The doctor haven't told us what could his illness be. Please, come home here. Your Mom needs you." Seriousness was all I could hear from K-ann-unni's voice. So, I turned serious, too. I love my dad so much. So, I will go home. I'll go home for my father.

"Alright. I'll be home. I'll be leaving tomorrow. Tell mom I'll be home. Kamsahamnida, Unni." I said.

"Okay. Then, we'll see you tomorrow. Take care, okay, Denz?"

"Okay, Unni. See you soon." I bade my goodbye and we both hung up the phone.

I am going home to Korea.

Sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Denz Kwon Villegas, 17 years old. And yes, I'm half-korean half-filipino. I was born in Korea and later on studied in Philippines because my dad was a Filipino. But, my family immediately stayed in Korea when I was 12. So, starting from 12, I was separated from my family. I don't want to go to Korea. That was why every summer I would only stay there for a week. I don't know, I just don't like to go there. They said, there are many overrated slash handsome guys in Korea. I can care less. I simply dislike Handsome men. Why??? I don't know. I don't hate them, though, I just DISLIKED them.

Anyway, I immediately received a ticket of first class ride going to Korea from my mom. I will be there with my dad.

...Kate's POV...

Abby and I were preparing our things right now. We're going to Korea tomorrow. Denz's dad was hospitalized but they haven't told us his illness. Oops, by the way, I'm Kate Park Dela Cruz, 17 years old. Half-korean, half-spanish. I don't know why I'm here in Philippines, I don't even know why I'm studying here and most of all, I don't why I can talk Filipino. Hehe. Well, my Aunt is a Filipina, she's my Uncle's wife and so she toured me here in Philippines, and I liked it. Like Denz, who was in America. She was my bestfriend since gradeschool. We met here in Philippines and starting then, we became the best of friends until now. We're almost like sisters, and we share each others feelings. I wanted to comfort her for what happened to her dad. After all, my parents and her parents were also best of friends.