14.) T-Too Many Hugs!

"Morning Mira!" Shouted the blonde from the doors of the guild.

"Good Morning Lucy! You're here rather early...." Said Mirajane behind the bar.

"Y-Yeah. Hey, Listen... c-can I talk to you about something?"

"Why yes of course!"

Lucy's face went pink as she sat down on a stool and laid her face on her arms.

"It's just.... Natsu has been acting weird lately..."

"OOH! NATSU?! I MEAN—Really? How so?" Said Mira in— such an obvious way it makes me want to cry.

"Well.... it's nothing bad... he just... hugs me a lot... and it's not those normal "Oh we're friends" hug! It's more of a "Don't ever leave my side." hug!" Confessed Lucy with a panicked look.

"And does that bother you? cause if it does, then you should tell him politely to sto—"

"NO! I-I don't mind it! I don't mind it at all! I-It just...."

"OH?! YOU DONT!?" She squealed as her smile formed a sly grin.

"N-Not like that! I-I mean I do enjoy his hugs more than anything else but!-"

"Aww! Lucy's lovees Natsu sooo much, that she wants to marry already!"

"M-Mira!" Lucy began to panic as her face went a brighter pink.

Soon enough Lisanna and Elfman walked in and greeted the two. Lucy whispered to Mira that they would finish the conversation later. She walked over to Lisanna and greeted her.

"Morning Lisanna!"

"Morning Lucy! I've never seen you come in so early! Is there a reason?"

Lucy hesitated as the only words she could think of slipped out of her lips.

"Uhm, I just woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, so I came here!"

"Ohh. I see. Yeah, that sometimes happens to me!"

Lucy and Lisanna began talking as more of the guild members walked in and made themselves at home.  But then, a member everyone recognized- especially Lucy- walked in with his blue flying cat. He walked in smiling softly while talking with Happy. Lucy gazed at him with glittering eyes, Natsu soon caught that gaze...

"Oh... It's Lucy!" He began wondering why his bestfriend was starring at him so..... passionately. Although, he also gazed at her sometimes as well.

The two starred at each other from across the guild- for what seemed like forever to couple, but was actually just a few seconds- before Natsu gave her a toothy grin and waved. He made his way towards Lucy as she took a deep breath and held her chest.

"these stupid feelings..." she mumbled softly through her pursed lips. I cant keep liking my partner, my teammate. My bestfriend!! He doesn't like me back... he only sees me as a friend! Damnit Lucy! Get it together!Thought the blonde as her heart raced faster every step he got closer.

"Yo Luce! How come you weren't home this morning?"Natsu asked with a confused face.

"I uh.. well I—... I got up early and couldn't back to sleep, so i came here. Sorry i didn't leave a note or something." Lucy said standing up, assuming he wanted to go on a job.
-she also needed money for rent-

"Yep, that's fine! Im just glad to see ya."
He said hugging her tightly. She instinctively hugged back, just as tightly as he had.

"Anyway.." Natsu pulled back hesitantly, he didn't want the hug to end.