Chapter Twenty-Nine

I gasped waking up. Horrible mistake. I winced as something had hurt making me lie back down. How did I get here last night? I feel as though I have a hangover but I don't remember drinking.

Wait thats impossible because I was a wolf last night and wolves don't drink liquor. Oh shit. I turned into a wolf last night! I pushed foreword getting up, the blanket falling off of me.

Why am I naked?

"When a wolf shifts their clothes normally rips off leaving them naked. So next time you shift remember to take off your clothes" I gasped hearing his voice and stumbled to grab the sheet.

In that process I fell to the ground after tripping over the sheet.

"Well at least your clumsiness still makes you human" I have now successfully covered my naked body with the sheet so I stood up again to find him lazily sitting in a chair at the corner of the room.

"What happened?" He raised his brow in amusement.

"You don't remember?" Slowly I shook my head. Am I supposed to? He hummed getting up from his potion and walking towards his drawer.

"Well what's your wolfs name?"

"My what?"

"Your wolf? Like I have Axel and what not. Everyone gets one" oh right. I thought about it for a moment and frowned.

"I don't think I have one" he tossed me over one of his dress shirts.

I slipped it over the sheet before letting the sheet go as well. I buttoned up the buttons quickly.

"That's odd. Are you sure you don't have one?"

"If I'm supposed to feel her then I don't. My brain is like blank" his eyes glazed over.

It took him a minute. What was he doing?  He shook his head getting out of it.

"What the fuck? Why can't I mind link you?" I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Noah I wasn't born a wolf so cut me some slack. I really don't need your attitude after the night I've just been through" normally when Noah comes out I'm frightened.

I normally submit. For some reason I didn't, I found some new confidence. He could only grit his teeth.

"Great. Now you have a fucking attitude. You shift once and you think your big and bad" I went to stretch. Bad idea. I winced as I felt the bruises that were still there.

"You need to get checked by the doctor go put some pants on or something" let's see how far I can push him.

"No"

"No? Did you just say no to me?" His arms crossed in front of his chest.

And what does werewolf Claire decide to do next? She went around the bed to stand in front of him while she was pretty much half naked. She then narrowed her eyes, grinning at Noah. We are talking about Noah here.

"No. You can't tell me what to do. You can make a suggestion but you can't tell me what do and order me around like a little puppy" he was lost for words. My grin only grew.

"Speak to me like that again and I will fucking hurt you" I just shrugged off his threat.

I walked back over to my drawer for the little amount of clothes I had. I put on some shorts keeping his shirt on.

"Hurting me will have to include effort now. I'm a werewolf so now I heal after you abuse me" His eyes narrowed at me. I went to the door opening it motioning for him to go.

"I don't have all day" he growled then twitched. I felt a minor headache then felt him take my hand.

"Come on love. You already made him mad enough" Liam then kissed my forehead gently, leading me down the hall.

~

"Well your vitals seem to be fine and your body is adapting at the same rate a first shifter would. Your body is going to be sore or a couple days but...I do have some concerns"

"What concerns?" Now it was Damien that was present to deal with the 'business stuff'.

"No wolf. Brain scans show no extra activity as a normal werewolf would have. No wolf...there are complications with everything"

"Ive been through transition by myself. I don't understand why I need a wolf" I adjusted my position on the medical bed.

"You can't shift on your own. Even if you tried it would be as painful as your first transition. The reason you can't remember is because of the fact you have no wolf. So anytime you even do shift, you will draw a blank. This will be a problem for the ceremony"

"It has always been a problem for the ceremony. We knew this was coming. How do we fix her?"

"You can't just fix her my King. This is how it is. In all of my experience this has never happened before, I'm sorry" Damien mumbled a curse under his breathe.

"I would recommend putting her through some more training just in case a female wishes to challenge her"

"They wouldn't fucking dare" Damien spat back. He was quick with that.

"Challenge?"

"Yes challenge. It's allowed for a female to challenge the Luna for her spot. Even though he already marked you" this is so stupid.

Wolf customs make no sense to me, even though I was brought into this life, it makes no sense.

"So the ceremony. How does it work?" The Doctor let out a frustrated sigh as he put his clipboard down.

"Seriously Damien. Your King and you can't even handle your own Luna? The ceremony works by a long speech, then the marking of the male then shifting to howl with the pack"

"Don't give me shit. Try having five personalities you dick" don't turn him into Noah. I don't want to deal with him even though I pretty much owned him earlier.

"Isn't the saying two heads are better than one. You have five, this should be easier for you" then Damien was starting to get aggressive. He went to choke the shit out of the doctor but I stood up in enough time to stop it.

"Listen it's fine. I'm sure we can all just figure this out. I'm sure with training I can fix my shifting shit. For now focus. Your king Damien and he's right. Get your shit together. I've attended what not even two meetings where I am Queen? I don't even think people know I exist so let's start there" the doctor raised his eyes in amusement, going back over to his clipboard.

"Fine" Damien leaned back against the countertop, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Then there was a rattling sound, I glanced to see the doctor throw a prescription bottle to Damien.

"You need a refill and I'm sure you haven't been taking your meds" Damien scoffed at this putting the bottle on the counter.

"Claire lets go" he walked to the door, opening it as he waited for me.

"Thanks doc" I took the medication off the counter, smiling. I heard a low growl as I went out the door.