PROLOGUE.

THERE WERE 43 BABIES BORN WITH SUPER-POWERS ON OCTOBER 1st, 1989

THERE WERE 43 BABIES BORN WITH SUPER-POWERS ON OCTOBER 1st, 1989. The mothers were not pregnant when the day began. This event had caressed the minds of the bewildered, resulting in a huge talk about how this abrupt phenomenon could have occurred.

It did not shock, or confuse, an addressed entrepreneur turned to billionaire who was very self-centered. He had grasped the idea of adopting all of the children. He believed that the children possessed great powers that could prevent a mass of unclassified attacks. He believed they could protect the world from harm.

    He only managed to get 7 of the 43 newborns. He had raised them to be highly trained, and trustworthy superheroes, at such a young age. The group of young superheroes were called The Umbrella Academy.

It seemed like the billionaire was beginning to know the powers of the children, but did not know that 1 child had managed to live. The remainder of the 35 kids had ultimately died due to unknown causes. Some had created ideas of the newborns not being strong enough to accept their powers.

The 1 who survived was named Maeve Archard. Her mother, Maria Archard, has always wanted children, but not in this sense. Once she had heard the rumor of the children being extremely powerful and valuable, she decided to keep Maeve. With no father and barely any money to keep up with rent, Maria had begun to resent the world, including Maeve. She had desperate thoughts of giving the child away. Until she had a breakthrough and excuse with Maeve.

    Maeve was only five when she began to reach for her doll, only to see that her hands were developing a unnatural glow of yellow. The doll had deliberated into ashes in the grasp of the young Maeve. Maria had witnessed the scene and immediately freaked out. She thought she couldn't control the little girl. 'What if she becomes unstoppable? What if she does something the girl doesn't like? What if she laid her hands on her and her fate ended like the dolls?'

Maria had undoubtedly and immediately given away Maeve. She left Maeve standing in front of the Hargreeves' door. Maeve was unsure on what was going on. She was afraid and baffled as to why her mother would just leave her somewhere foreign to her. She also feared herself.

    The door opened, revealing an ape and an extravagantly dressed old man. The two had a confused look plastered onto their faces as they watched the girl. Before Pogo could invite her in, or ask questions, Maeve gave a sheepish smile and waved, her hand glowing with the wave. Leaving neon streaks in the air that soon disappeared.

    Reginald and Pogo looked at each other and down back at the girl. "Welcome, Number Eight."

Author's Note:
Edited: June 19,2019
this is the first edited version! enjoy!!