33. Butt Kicker

I wake to the sound of rain hitting the patio roof.

I kick my duvet to the side and drag my body to the bathroom.

I quickly did my routine and change into a gray pullover and white wash jeans.

"Hey dad is back" Bella's head pop up between my door and the frame.

"I'll be down in a minute" I say folding sleeves of my pullover.

I grab my phone and skip down to see Charlie doing what he usually does, a coffee cup in a hand and paper folded in other.

"Hey kiddo" he places the newspaper down and adjusted his glasses.

"Hey dad, how was it?" I ask pouring myself coffee.

"Same old, same old" he sigh.

Yesterday when we were at Cullen's me and Bella both got a message from Charlie that there was another attack so he will be back home in the morning as he needed to check it out.

"So today what are you up to?" He looks at me from his glasses, "I don't know, probably sleep all day" I shrug at him, "And you?" He looks over to Bella, "Probably same" she sips her coffee.

"Alright then" he mumbles while getting up and walking towards his room.

Me and Bella are drinking our coffee in silence when both of our phones pinged at the same time.

"It's text from Emmett" I announce looking over the text he sent.

"Baseball, today?" Bella looks at me.

"We've got nothing better to do" I place my chin on palm of my hand.

"True but who is gonna convince Charlie I highly doubt he'll let us go in this weather."

"Well then it's time that our boys meet dad unofficially" I smirk at her.

"I'll text him" she starts typing on her phone.

Her phone pinged again, "What he said?" I stretched my arms.

"They'll be here in thirty minutes" she turn her phone off.

"Okay then baseball it is."

-/-

Me and Bella are sitting on the couch facing a not so happy Charlie.

"So you both will be going to play baseball in this weather with Cullens?" He raise his eyebrow and me and Bella both nod. "And both of your um boyfriends want to ask permission to take you to play baseball?" We both nod again. 

"Since when you both play baseball?" he asks, I hear Bella gulping, "Um dad we won't play we will just watch and we've got nothing better to do" she again gulp nervously.

"Okay then let them come" he stands up and walk over where he keeps his shot-gun and loaded it and closed with a click.

"Please don't say anything to them, they are very important to us" Bella says standing up, making me roll my eyes at her.

-/-

"Yes sir, it's an old family pass time" Edwards explains Charlie, nervously.

Both Emmett and Edward arrived after ten minutes of Charlie's interrogation.

"Bring both of them at time and keep both of them safe, even though I needn't worry because one of them knows how to kick butt" Charlie says in a threatening tone, clearly referring to me.

I hid my face in Emmett's chest, Emmett was more open and carefree comparing to Edward, he is looking like he is about to crap his pants in any moment. 

Crappyward.

Edward glares at me but quickly look back at Charlie.

I forgot that he can read minds.

Oops.

"I know sir" Emmett wraps his arm around my waist which didn't go unnoticed by Charlie. I nudge him, making him chuckle.

"Okay then kids have fun" Charlie walk us to Emmett's Jeep and we all got in.

———
Status: edited