Ch. 21 Rest

New chapter!! Finally!! I'm thinking a little time jump is going to happen next chapter.
(Thanks, Venomis for the idea!)
Anyway, let me know what y'all think!! Thanks again for your patience and putting up with my slowness!!!
💕
———————-

Juice trudged up the stairs of the Alvarez's place thoroughly exhausted. Thankfully, the Santo Padre chapter was still sitting on the house and let him in, otherwise he would've been locked out. He could hear Dia and Marcus talking in soft tones as he passed by their bedroom. He peeked into Tessa's room, smiling a bit when he saw Tessa and Evie cuddled up together in the lower bed of the bunk bed, a book and a flashlight on top of the covers with them. He walked in and turned off the flashlight, moving it and the book, then leaning over to kiss his daughter's forehead before pulling the covers over them and heading back out. He hoped when he got to the bedroom Angela would be asleep like she was supposed to be; she hadn't slept well since Chloe and Dia had been kidnapped, which he knew was bad for the twins.

He opened the door and found her awake, face illuminated by the light of her iPad. Her hair was a complete mess, dark bags under her eyes. "Angel, its almost three in the morning," he said, closing the door behind him.

Her dark eyes were wide as she looked up at him. "What?"

"It's three A-M. You should be asleep. You need to sleep."

"Why are you here? Thought you were staying with Chloe."

"They kicked me out," he lied on a shrug. "Hap texted me while I was on the way over. Said she's awake and fine. No other details."

Angela let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God," she said, flopping onto her back and staring at the ceiling. She tossed the covers off of her, sitting up a bit. "I should go..."

"Sit the fuck down and get back in bed," he ordered, his frustration evident in his voice.

A confused look crossed her face; it'd been years since he'd talked to her like that. "What?"

He pulled his shirt over his head, tossing it into the hamper as he opened up his suitcase for a clean one to sleep in. "I'm tired of this shit, Angel. You are pregnant with twins. You have to take care of yourself, and if you're not gonna do it, then I'm gonna have to force you to," he said, hating himself for being such a dick. It had to be said, though. "Chloe is fine. She's awake and alive and you going to the hospital right now is gonna do absolutely nothing. She's safe, Dia's safe, everything is okay now. Go the fuck to sleep. Now. Please."

Angela's jaw dropped a little, but she didn't look upset, instead there was a familiar darkness to her eyes as they moved over him. She closed her mouth, biting at her lower lip. "You gonna make me, Juan Carlos?"

Juice hesitated, unsure if he was reading the signs right. The way she'd said his name had sent shivers down his spine, his blood rushing to one particular part of his body. He hoped to God he was right. "I um...this is...are you turned on right now?"

She nodded slowly. "A little. Baby hormones. What else do you want me to do, baby?"

He blinked at her, trying to process what she was saying. He'd expected her to be upset with him for trying to order him around. This was the complete opposite and had completely thrown him off his game. "Oh. Oh, right," he stammered before clearing his throat. "I um...I want you to eat more and better."

"Uh-huh," she said, gesturing for him to come closer with a finger.

He moved in closer, smirking as her hands went to his belt buckle. He dipped his head closer to hers, and she tilted her head back as she sought out a kiss. He didn't give her one, pulling away ever so slightly. "Lie down."