Youth 10

1 0

mommy dearest

There were some things in life that we have warning signs for such as storms and there things we wished we had warning signs for like embarrassing friends. But I suppose, if that did happen exist half of the stories or my fondest memories would not exist.

No efforts were made to conceal the most talked about topic at Silverleaf C.I. From the ninth graders to even some of the teachers, the biggest news was of the most popular and liked girl Delancy, dating the outcast Eric.

Delancy didn't notice it. She went about her day, attending meetings, practices, classes not realising that every time she passed by a group of students, they would stop whispering to stare at her then continue their conversation.

Eric on the other hand noticed. He had looks like that before but these were ten times worse. He kept his head down and focused on the music that was being channeled into his ears. He was calming down when two strong arms dropped around his shoulders and he looked up the see a menacing smile from Diego and Isaac.

"Let's have a talk shall me?" Isaac said. The two friends were already leading Eric up to the roof and plotted him down on the bench before he even realised.

"So," Diego said. He cracked his neck and gestured for Eric to sit in the space between him and Isaac. "You're dating Delancy right?"

"Yes?" Eric said.

"Yes?" Isaac asked.

"No."

"No?"

"No. Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes."

"Yes you're ..."

"Yes I'm dating Delancy," Eric said as he braced himself for impact.

Diego and Isaac looked at each other and then leaned onto their hand. They stared at Eric who ended up raising his head at the lack of an impact.

"You're dating our precious little Delancy?"

"The Delancy we've known since childhood?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure about this? It's not too late to break up with her," Diego said, genuinely worried, not because of Delancy but because of everyone who liked Delancy.

"Yes," Eric said, his voice became stronger as the conversation progressed.

"Well then," Isaac said, clapping him on the back. He looked at Diego and they knew what they had to do. "This means only one thing."

In the stairwell, Delancy raced up towards the roof. When she had heard Eric was taken by Diego and Isaac, she knew it could only mean one thing. She handed everything off to Carson and sprinted up to the roof. When she finally arrived, her worst fears were confirmed.

"And then this time she was in middle school, she was in music class and-"

"Isaac Isaiah Kartal! Don't you finish that sentence."

"Hello Delancy Elise O'Hara, I see we're on a full name basis." Isaac moved away from Eric and crossed his arms. He raised an eyebrow and waited for the threat.

"Diego," Delancy warned.

"Aw come on Del, nena. Porque no puedo decirlo?"

"Porque lo dije, a menos que quieras que le cuente a Rei lo que realmente pasó con la última galleta," she retorted.