Chapter Seven : Mayflower

The cold night air hit Louis' face when Harry opened the roof of the Ferrari they were in. The temperature was dropping steadily as the night grew thicker. The roads had been wiped clean except for their car and two SUVs aligned behind them.

They had been out on their customary Friday dates when the mob boss informed him that he had a surprise for his husband and it was high time he showed it to him.

Before pulling up to the so-called gift, Harry directed Louis to wrap a scarf he kept in the dashboard around his eyes.

"Harry?" Louis' voice came in, as Harry guided him through the manor. "Where are we?"

Walking through the foyer, Harry's hands had slid into Louis', kissing the side of his neck, "Our new home, doll."

"I wanna see!" Louis' enthusiasm came through while Harry's attention was divided between his husband and the footsteps which he heard from the distance.

"Not yet, doll," he kissed the back of his neck and lead him onto the staircase.

"Why?" Louis whined, "Harry, don't be mean!"

"Doll, you and I both know that," Harry began, tracing a finger down his spine with the other hand quickly typing furiously on his phone to Jacob, "this isn't mean."

"Is it, doll?"

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I know. Yada. Yada." Louis shrugged, feigning indifference but unable to remove the blush on his face.

Guiding him through the hallways, they paused in the living room where Harry noticed the vase at the corner move. "This is the living room."

"I can perfectly see how it is with this scarf on, Harry." Louis bit off sarcastically.

"Knew there was something special about you, doll," Harry responded with the same enthusiasm and took his hand, switching on the vinyl player. "Come on, dance with me."

Taking Louis' hand, Harry placed his own on his waist and pulled him close to his person. "You're weird," Louis responded and hugged the Mobster after placing a kiss on his cheek and leaned on his chest while they moved with one another in sync with the music.

As Harry glided along with his husband, his eyes trained carefully at the person near the vase who was hidden by the curtains. If the man thought he was being subtle about his presence, he had been gravely mistaken. Harry was aware that the former attack wasn't the last time and although they had no leads on whom the culprit was, something the Mobster was affirmative about was that there would be a repetition of the incident and this time, he intended to make the person pay.

Closing into Louis, he made sure whatever would occur wouldn't be before the eyes of his husband. Innocent or not. Whether he had seen harsher violence or not, he wasn't going let his doll see him in a state where he wasn't presentable or cleaning something up which he usually never did. The blood, the beatings, the raw fights which he was so proficient at were things he found too cumbersome for his liking and for his doll, he disregarded them completely until absolutely required and it was clear that this was one amongst those few situations.

Twirling Louis around on his toes, Harry took special care of his boy while removing a dagger from the inside of his blazer pocket.