Chapter Nine.

"Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise"

***

Oh god. Frankie thinks I've fucked his cousin.

This is just a great start to my day.

"You're in a good mood this morning" Harry says flatly, giving Frankie a bored look while Frankie looks like he wants to strangle him.

Frankie looks to me, and his eyes flare when he notices the raw state of my eyes, clenching his jaw and lifts his hand, snatching Harry by the ear making Harry yelp and curse "What the fu-"

"Shut it hoe bag, get over here - before I smack the shit out of you" Frankie hisses, tugging Harry away and dragging him into the hallway around the corner from the kitchen; as Harry smacks at him while he gets dragged away like a toddler, snapping "O'right o'right, I'm coming - just let me go, fuck"

I bring my hands up to rub my temples and close my eyes, sighing.

Frankie has always been dramatic, he's also protective but I'm genuinely offended he thinks I've banged that smirky cousin of his; especially after only meeting him two days ago.

Frankie should know me better than that.

"You don't have to get so violent Frankie, Jesus - relax mate" Harrys voice grumbles from the hallway.

"You listen to me, I don't care what you do or who you do it with, but one person you are not doing it with is Drew. Do you understand me? She doesn't need this shit, so find someone else alright?" Frankie scolds, trying to keep his voice low; I'm assuming thinking I can't hear them.

It's a bit hard when they're only a few feet away, and Frankie has never been good at being subtle or quiet.

"What are you, her Dad? Pretty sure she's a grown woman that can make her own choices" Harry throws back, sounding annoyed.

"She can make her own choices, but she doesnt need you screwing her around, she's been through enough - do you hear me? Find another project to entertain yourself with" Frankie orders firmly, an irritated but worried tone to his voice.

"I'm not fucking screwing her around, you have no idea what you're talking about. If I wanted a god damn lecture I'd call my mum, so can you cut the preacher act?" Harry says, his own voice becoming irritated and sounding offended.

"Have you seen the state of her this'mornin? You call that not screwing her around? You're around her for less than 48 hours and I wake up to find her in my kitchen wearing your shirt that upset? You just can't help yourself can you?" Frankie hisses, not believing Harry in he slightest.

"I don't know why she's upset that's what I was tryin'ta find out you idiot! It wasn't my fault! Can you stop acting like I'm some massive prick? Fuck you know me better than that Frankie, why are you being like this?" Harrys voice raises with his frustration, both of their voices clear as day ringing down the hall and around the kitchen.

Subtle boys, real subtle. Great job.

I frown, making my way towards the hallway; if I'm the topic of conversation I feel like I have a slight right to be present for it. I also need to make it very clear I did not, and will not be fucking that cousin of his.

Frankie really needs to relax, but he also hasn't had his coffee and he tends to be a raging bitch if he doesn't get it.

"Look Harry, I love you - I do, I'd do anything for you but when it comes to Drew that's where I draw the line, you keep your hands and dick to yourself. I do know what you're like and that is why I'm telling you, whatever you're doing stops right now" Frankie tells him, while I round the kitchen island towards the hallway.