Vol 5 Chap 142

XH 142

"My men informed of your little prisoner's demise." As the ex-prime minister, it would not be strange that he has enough manpower to get hold onto sensitive information.

Duke Heng sipped the cup of tea without any sign of getting bored of Xiao Hua's tea. Today Xiao Hua chosen a beautiful tassel that would go well with her purple whip. It was a bright purple jade shaped in a beautiful butterfly.

"Oh? Did they not like their little spy running back to their arms and beg for protection?" The Empress asked mockingly as Xin Lin placed a piece of dim sum onto her plate, which was the Empress' preference food for breakfast.

Xiao Hua, the special guest of the Empress that would be staying until the Third Prince returned, was wearing something Duan XiYing had embroidered for her. Her dress was light pink, with cute yellow baby chicks embroidered all over the robe. Her flat shoes were also embroidered with a cute yellow chick onto each shoe.

Le XiaoTing hardly worn flat shoes unless it was slippers, for her legs' shape were not suitable for flat shoes, making her legs looked even thicker. Fortunately, Xiao Hua exercised daily and formed a pair of shapely legs that look good with flat shoes, which no one knows, as this time era frowned upon ladies that showed their legs, hence the long length skirt.

As for Duan XiYing herself, her original embroidery of snakes was firmly rejected by Xiao Hua. "It's too real!"

Xiao Hua had never thought Duan XiYing would be able to embroidery this realistically. Duan XiYing was a little disappointed but she replaced them with cute snakes that Xiao Hua had sketched on a paper for her.

"Originally yes, until Miss Liu drank Xiao Hua's tea and started screaming in pain."

"What?" Xiao Hua exclaimed in shock.

The Empress stared at Xiao Hua uncertainly. "Did you add poison into your tea?"

"No! I did not!" Xiao Hua shakes her head fiercely.

"The imperial doctor diagnosed Miss Liu as someone that had consumed a lethal poison. The path from inside her throat down to her stomach was burned, along with her right wrist. The doctor was amazed she's still alive."

Xiao Hua shivered when she imagined that injury. The heroine will have a hard time drinking and eating now.

The Empress frowned at Xiao Hua. "You said your tea does not have poison so why would she react that way?"

"I... I don't know."

"Xin Ren was killed because they believe she gave them something to harm them purposely?" Duan XiYing guessed, as well as to help out Xiao Hua from the Empress' suspicion.

Duke Heng smiled with dark humour. "She would live a little longer if she had not opened her mouth and said 'She is a demoness'. The Second Prince immediately ends her life."

"Demoness?" Xiao Hua's eyes nearly bulged out of its socket at how ridiculous the situation was becoming. It was supposed to be simple experimentation!

"Her words were spread far and wide in the Second Prince's manor. I would expect many servants wanting to escape from their demoness master."

"Did Miss Liu not drink her own miraculous medicine? Is it because she was still unconscious and unable to brew for herself?" The Empress asked after her IQ went back online.

"Ah...her miraculous medicine." Duke Heng chuckled. "Surprisingly, it was after she drank her own medicine that her throat and down the path to her stomach gotten burned."

The Empress and Xiao Hua flinched. They had clearly assumed Liu Chu Chu's medicine would be so miraculous that it could cure everything.

The Empress gained back her elegant demeanor. "That traitor girl believed the tea is some purifying water? Or else she would not assume Fifth Miss Liu is a demon."