seven

( third person )

Daniel looks down at his hand and sees the piece of jewelry that he had bought. He turned over the bracelet and goes over the engraving with his thumb.

my luck <3

It was pure luck that Daniel just so happened to stumble upon her phone number, thinking it was Zach.

He lifts his head and looks to his band mate next to him, who was driving. "This really all started with you. You know that?"

"What do you mean?" Zach kept his eyes fixed on the road, watching out for cars, quickly glancing at the phone for directions.

"If you didn't change your number then I would've never texted Kelsi. I would've never met the love of my life." He places the bracelet back into its velvet box and pocketed it.

"Oh that?" He gently pushed his foot against the brake and turned to Daniel. "I guess so."

"Good luck man." Zach got out of the car, tossed the keys to Daniel then switched places. He started his way to Maya's door as Daniel left to drive to Kelsi's house just three minutes away.

When he pulls up to her house and turns off the engine and before he hops out, he gets the bouquet of mixed roses from the back.

Inside, Kelsi was getting ready, thinking she was going to dinner with Maya and Jess. She looks into the mirror, seeing the floor length, velvet dress.

"You look so beautiful." Kelsi's mom, Gemma, spoke from her doorway. She walks into her daughter's old room and comes next to Kelsi.

"Thanks Ma, but I got to go soon. Maya said she's gonna be here," She pauses to look at the time posted in her phone. "Now actually."

"Let me get a picture first." Kelsi and Gemma both turned around to see Jessica in shorts and a baggy hoodie.

Confused, her sister walked to the hallway where Jessica was standing and took her by the shoulders. "Why the hell are you not dressed."

"Kelsi Jade James. You will not use that language in my home." Gemma crosses her arms, disappointed, but not surprised, at the teen's words.

She rotates just her head and apologizes to her mother and goes back to her sister. "I'm sorry KJ, but this is a good thing."

"What's happening?" As soon as Kelsi spoke, the doorbell rang.

"Can you go answer that sis?" Jess has a devious smile in her face on top of speaking so sweetly. "Don't worry, it's a good thing."

Half worried, half mad, she made her way to the door with her mom and sister close behind. She undid the chain and opened the door and once she saw who was behind, she immediately closed it shut. Daniel. She hoped the wooden door would be as if he wasn't actually there.

"Kelsi." He brought the flowers down to his side and put his hand against the door. "Please open the door." Hesitantly, she opened it again but kept her eyes on the ground.

Her mom and sister slowly backed away so the kids could have their space.

"Why are you here Daniel?" On the surface, she was as calm and cold hearted as she could act, but in the inside, she was freaking out and all she wanted to do was give her ex-boyfriend a hug and kiss him.