Chapter 3

The Next Morning. . .

Akane sat in the closest tree facing the practice fields. She crossed her legs on the branch and leaned back against the trunk of the tree, popping another food pill into her mouth. Knowing Kakashi Sensei said to not eat anything, she realized that she has to eat something to keep her energy up. It was about 7:30 in the morning, and Sasuke was already here as well.

'At least he knows to be here on time. . .' she thought to herself.

She relaxed a little before having to see the rest of her team. She tended to always be out of the house by 7:15 if not, 7. After all, it's not like she is invited to eat breakfast with the rest of her family. She had become accustomed to not being around any of her family, with the exception of Sakura because of class and now being team members.

Eventually, Sakura showed up, and she was immediately by Sasuke's side. Although for once, she wasn't really talking. It was actually peaceful for once, although it was weird for her to be so quiet. At around 8:30, Naruto finally showed, but once he did, that's when Sakura finally decided to be loud.

"Naruto! You're late!" She yelled, pointing at him accusingly. And he laughed and scratched the back of his head. Then the argument started, and Akane wasn't all about that, so she took to looking at all her kunai.

Roughly around 9, Kakashi finally showed up, an hour late. But don't worry, Kakashi had an excuse, "Well you see a black cat crossed my path. . . "

"LIAR!" Naruto and Sakura yelled at the same time, while Kakashi sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. Akane sighed, 'are you for real? Is this a joke?' she thought. She huffed and jumped down from the tree, landing then walking to stand next to Sakura. Akane bent over, flipping her hair over her head, then gathering it all in a ponytail, tying it up, then flipping the ponytail over her shoulder.

Now with all his students standing and ready, Kakashi started to explain the rules to his "test".

"Okay, so there are only 3 bells. That means that 3 of you will get to be on my team, and the one who doesn't get a bell will be sent back to the academy." As he said this, all four students looked at him like he was crazy. He continued, "You will fight me with the intent to kill me. You have until lunch to try to get one, so give it the best you got, and all will go well."

"Okay. When I say start-"

"AHH!" Naruto ran at him. Akane's eyes widened, 'what the hell dude' She thought. When she looked over towards the rest of her team, they were all gone. Akane scrambled to find a hiding spot, she climbed up near the top of a tree. And hid her small body on the opposite side of Kakashi. For a while thought, it was a lot of watching Naruto endlessly try to fight Kakashi Sensei. Although comical, it was quite sad. After a while though, Akane could see Naruto tied up. That's when she knew that her distraction was up, and it was time to get serious. She had an idea, however.

Akane silently climbed down the tree, and snuck bush to bush, to find her sister. When she found her, Sakura was hiding in bush as well. "Sakura, I need your help" Akane whispered to her sister.

Sakura looked at her surroundings, "Are you insane? I'm not helping you! I've got to find Sasuke-kun!" She yelled on accident, and as she looked towards where Akane was, she was gone. Having left as soon as she started yelling.

'fail once, try once more to succeed' Akane thought as she started sneaking over to where Naruto was tied up, and started to untie him.

He looked at her crazy, "What are you doing?" he asked. She looked up at him, "I need your help. To get the bells, we need to work together." She said.