XVII

Mia POV

I sighed, looking through the books in the library, ignoring the dirty looks I was getting.

Since yesterday's fiasco, everyone seemed to hate me. Probably Lucy inventing some stupid rumours. The only ones talking to me were Lily, Marlene, Alice, Mary, Remus and James.
Everyone else was ignoring me.

I hadn't seen or spoken to Sirius since yesterday, trying to keep my distance from that damn idiot.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. Even though I've got about 5 billion problems... Remus needs my help, and the only way is to become an Animangi, so that's what I'm doing. Well, trying to.

I've been in this library for half an hour and I haven't found anything about transforming into an animal. I sat down on the chair closest to me, and put my head into my hands.

"Hey, do you need any help?" I looked up in surprise, mostly because no one else was speaking to me. My eyes connected with a Ravenclaw boy, about my age, with black hair and a tan complexion. His eyes were a caramel colour. He smiled at me, revealing dimples.

I nodded, smiling gratefully.

"Yes please! This library is too big and I'm afraid to go ask Madame Pince anything." I moaned, earning a chuckle from the boy.

"What are you looking for?" He questioned, looking down at me.

"Books about Animangi?" I said, nervousness lacing my voice. His eyebrows shot up, shock displayed clearly on his face.

"What on earth do you need that for!?"

"Uhh... Information?" I tried, shrugging slightly. He sighed, his shoulders sagging down.

"Fine... Follow me." I stood up, a smile gracing my lips. "I'm Jacob Harper by the way. But call me Jake."

"Mia Peters."

"As in the glowing eye girl and the boyfriend stealer?" My mouth fell open in shock. What the Hades. I didn't steal anyone's boyfriend! Jake eyed me carefully, probably assessing if he should talk.

"They're just rumours though, right?" He said, smiling slightly. I grinned back, happy.

"Who started them?" I asked, although already guessing the answer.

"Lucy I think." I nodded in understanding, "and Sirius Black."

Well, I was NOT expecting that. Sure he was a jerk, but he had always been nice to me. I guess that just shows me that he really is a jerk. Jerk, asshole, player-

"Mia? You okay? We're here, bookshelf number 11. " Jake declared, making me leave my thoughts in my head.
I smiled in appreciation of his help, looking towards the bookshelf. It was piled high with ancient looking books, some without covers, leaving them to disintegrate into the air. I ran my fingers over the bindings, examining every book.
My eyes fell on a book on the right of me, with a gold and bronze cover. I pulled it out, blowing off the dust, leaving a coughing Jake next to me.

I smiled sheepishly, apologising.

I examined the book again, and to my relief, I found I could read it perfectly.

"-Is that Greek?"

I nodded. "I'm half Greek so I'm bilingual."

I sat down, Jake sitting across me with his own book. I opened it, flipping through the pages. I grinned. This was just what I wanted! I kept turning the pages, until reaching the Animagus area. I skimmed my eyes over it, until finding just what I needed: