Lunch

(Levi's POV)

A day has passed since that kiss. I can't look at her the same way I used to without her lips ending up catching me off guard and attracting me.
Right now I am getting ready to go to work at my office. I took a shower really quick and changed into black pants, my bullet proof vest being placed on underneath my white shirt, and then my police jacket. Last but not least my police hat.
I headed to the door and caught Mikasa's eyes. I put my head down. The last and only thing that I said before leaving was "I'm going to work. Don't make a mess." and then left.(At Work)

"Hey Levi!!!!!!" Four eyes yelled. Hange always annoys me at work. She is the last person I want to talk to at the current moment.
"What?" I ask annoyed not looking at her. She jumps in front of me forcing me to acknowledge her existence. She shoves a chart in my face.
"Look! This chart shows how much the greatest theif had stopped stealing! Can it be he had a change of heart? Or did someone else catch him before he could continue?!" She said. I found it hard not to grin at the fact of Mikasa being referred to as a guy.
But Hange got me thinking of her again... Her soft lips on mine. Her real change of heart. Everything...
"I don't know." I said forcing Mikasa out of my mind.
"Are you sure?!" She asked in disbelief of my own words.
"Yeah, I don't know anything now leave!" I say in a frustrating tone."Levi is there something you're not telling me..." she said. She makes it seem as if I yelled 'Hey just so you all know, I kissed the greatest thief in the world!' or something.
"I know you know something about this." She starts back up. I roll my eyes and get back to my work. She still doesn't go away. "I can read your face, I am not dumb. I have been with you and I can tell when you are lying so spit it out. Do you know anything!! This is the case that we have been trying to solve for over a decade!" She exclaims angry and crazily waiting for answers.
"Tch. Fine but promise me you won't tell anyone." She nods and I'm not convinced. "And if you tell I'll be sure to get the greatest thief to ruin your life. You won't be alive." I said serious with a glare. I head to the door and closed it. Hange followed.(Mikasa's POV)

I am alone in his house and all I can think about right now was how handsome Levi is. When we kissed I felt like the only person alive. I felt loved again. I haven't felt that way in years... and I want to feel like that again.
Since that day in the beach we never mentioned the kiss or anything about the beach we just stayed quiet. He barely looks at me. It's almost as if he hates me now...
I turned my head to the wide and noticed that Levi left his lunch behind. "Hmm? He probably forgot about it." I say to myself. I noticed that he just had a sandwich inside. "I'll make him something better."
I start cooking. I roasted some vegetables and grilled a piece of chicken. I also grabbed a bottle of water since that's like the only liquid Levi drinks as well as tea since other drinks artificially flavored. He hates getting "chemicals" in his body.
I let out a slight giggle. He hates tons of things but that makes Levi... well... Levi.When everything turned out the way I wanted it to, I put it neatly away in a lunch bag.
Also I know you are asking, "How do you know how to cook?" Well easy. Levi taught me everything I need to know about being alone in this house and how he liked his things to be perfect.
After thinking about Levi for a short moment, I finally started to walk to his office. I put my hood up and hope he doesn't think I'm weird. Here I come Levi.

Thank you _lucy_bern_ for editing this amazing chapter ♥️