3

Josie was distraught after Penelope left. It was so stupid of her to not read the letter, she had no idea how important it was. She was just holding a stupid grudge against Penelope and now she was gone. 

Josie went back to her room, took of her dress, and cried. She knows now that Penelope was the only person who truly cared for her. And again, she was gone. 

About an hour later Penelope was on her way back to the school. Her plane had been delayed until tomorrow at 4pm, and she had to go back to the school to spend the night.

When she got back to the school she was already exhausted and just wanted to sleep, like she was going to do on the plane. But apparently they had already given her room away.

She yawned and collapsed on the couch in the lounge, just to rest for a few minutes. 

Josie was reading in her bed when her father opened the door to her room. 

"Hey, Jo. Um- Penelope is here." he started.

"She is?!" Josie immediately sat up. 

"Yes, she fell asleep on the couch down in the lobby. I - I saw you two earlier, so I thought you might want to see her." He rubbed her shoulder and tried to encourage her. 

"Okay, thanks dad!" Josie got up, threw a sweatshirt on and fixed her hair into curls before she ran downstairs. She found Penelope with her arms crossed and her head to the side as she slept. She sat down next to her and nudged her awake. 

Penelope's eyes fluttered open and she looked around. "Hey JoJo" she mumbled and sat up. 

"Hi, Penelope." Josie smiled at her, "do you want to go to my room?" 

"Yea" Penelope smiled back at Josie and stood up, pulling her luggage with her up the stairs while Josie walked next to her.

Josie opened the door and let Penelope in. "So what happened to your flight?" Josie asked, hoping that she'd just never leave. "Cancelled until tomorrow night." Penelope sighed, and opened her suitcase. 

"You mind if I change?" Penelope asked and Josie shook her head. 

Penelope took a pair of gray sweatpants out of her suitcase, and took her jeans off to change. She was stepping into her sweatpants when Josie spoke, "I love you too, you know. Even if my sister thinks you're a bitch and I've been stupidly ignoring you for the past two weeks." Josie sighed and Penelope paused. 

"You do? Really?" she stood up and finally pulled her pants on.

"Of course I do Penelope." Josie shrugged, "I know I might not have been acting like it recently, but I never stopped." 

"I- I don't know what to say, Josie. I'm leaving tomorrow..." Penelope sighs. 

"I know, and it's my fault, but just- just stay with me tonight?"

"Of course" Penelope has to agree; it's not like she wants to leave, but she has to. She doesn't want to- she can't keep watching Josie put herself last for everything. 

Penelope approaches where Josie is sitting on the edge of the bed, and with no warning or hesitance, kisses her. It's no longer a goodbye kiss, its passionate and angry and lustful.

And before they both know it, it's over. Josie's hair is a mess and her shirt is almost fully buttoned down. Penelope is the same, but her shirt is completely off. 

"We shouldn't..." Penelope tries

"No, we should" Josie pulls Penelope back in, and that's how they spend their last night together. 

The next morning Josie walks Penelope all the way to her cab. "You can't come with me, JoJo. We've got to say goodbye at some point." Penelope tries to joke. 

"I love you Penelope, and I'll be waiting for you until you come back" Josie is already tearing up. 

Penelope holds her face between her hands, "I love you too, JoJo. More than anything." She leaves one last kiss on Josie's lips before she drives off, and lets the tears fall when she can't see the Salvatore school anymore. 

When Josie gets back to her room there's a note from Penelope on her bed, and she makes sure she reads every word this time.