C H P - 5

"So, who wants to go first?"

----

After much, much pushing and loud, terrified shouting, Moonbin stood in front of the bathroom mirror, tugging at his damp, newly colored hair. He twisted the strands between his fingers uncertainly, examining himself and his new look.

Pink.

Myungjun had made him dye his hair pink.

The pinkette groaned in frustration. The new color went well with his favorite white t-shirt, yes, but it didn't go well with him. It didn't fit his face shape, didn't contrast well with the color of his chocolate eyes, nor the red of his thin, almost non-existent lips. To put it short, he thought he looked absolutely terrible.

He groaned yet again, not quite sure if he was trying to convey that he was disappointed in himself for giving into this crazy thing, or rather that he was upset that the one out-of-the-box thing he was willing to try had backfired on him so mercilessly. He 'tsked' as he continued to fiddle with what used to be a healthy, soft head of brown hair. He moved some of the strands left, others right. "Dammit, Myung--"

"Moonbin, Jisoos knows I love you, but seriously, shut up."

Moonbin's jaw clenched. With a great annoyance, he turned from the mirror to glare at the youngest who was straddling the toilet lid, facing the wall as Myungjun lathered his hair with purple dye. They had already gone through the bleaching process, thanks to Jinwoo's help behind the scenes. At first, the mouse didn't really want to work with Sanha out of fear that he would say something wrong and upset the boy further, but Sanha, being the sunshine he was, perked himself up quickly and was now back to being his normal self.

"You would understand if you were the one stuck with bright ass pink hair." Moonbin didn't bother to spare the mirror even one last glance as he finally decided 'fuck it' and left the bathroom. Not only did he leave because the sight in the mirror was a bit too much to bare, but the strong smell of hair dye that wafted around in the air was just about enough to send him to Dreamland, not that he would mind going to Dreamland with the state his appearance was in.

As he stepped into the bedroom, he didn't dare meet eyes with Minhyuk or Jinwoo, or even Dongmin. Instead, he simply made his way over to the window, forced it open, and let the evening smell of pine wash away the strong scent of dye. He was scared of seeing the pity-filled gazes that would be sent his way if he turned around, so just for now, the setting sun was enough of a sight for him.

Colors of all sorts blended into one as the sun slipped further and further past the horizon. The pearl white clouds whipped and spun within the air, and somehow, the image of Moonbin's ruined pink hair pushed itself back into his mind.

He instinctively tensed, thinking that to everyone else he must look like some silly circus clown. All he was missing was the face paint and the fake tear drops that everyone working at such a place of entertainment wore. He was sure that if he painted a bright red smile across his face, it would be the truest thing to his lies of not being ashamed. His eyes drew shut, almost as if he were trying to repress that horrid image, and it was only when a hand was gently set on his back that he realized just how hard they had been clenched.

"It really doesn't look bad. It wouldn't be my first choice, but you actually look pretty good." Dongmin smiled kindly--although his friend couldn't see it--and withdrew his hand. He couldn't help but notice the way Moonbin's frame eased in the short period of time that his palm had rested on his spine. "I'm sure that you only think it looks bad because you're not used to it. Just give it a few days to settle and it'll look perfectly fine."

"Mmm," the younger male hummed. He disagreed with the male's statement, but he wouldn't bother to respond with a complete sentence; he was too tired for that. His day had been very stressful, and now the past hours were taking their toll. His eyes barely opened to catch sight of the colorful sky before it faded to darkness. It was as if all of the energy he had stored in his being was taken from him the moment Dongmin slid his hand from off his back. "I'm just so tired..."

"Then why not go to bed?"

Moonbin almost chuckled. "It's too early. If Myungjun catches me sleeping he'll slap me awake because, according to him, we never spend enough time together... even though we hang out every weekend and bother each other at lunch, in between classes, and even during class." He surprised himself when he managed to actually say something other than some short-lived word, and just that realization took even more energy out of him.

"Why not just sleep until he's done with Sanha's hair? It should take some time, and even after that he still has to dye Jinwoo's," Dongmin suggested hopefully, his voice raising in pitch towards the end of the sentence to show his optimism.

And just that seemed to lift a little weight off Moonbin's shoulders. Sleep did sound really nice. "Yeah... yeah, okay." He suppressed his sudden need to yawn and stepped back from the window. "But... you have to wake me up before he gets back from the bathroom and slaps me."

Dongmin laughed lightly, nodding. "No problem."

At that, the pinkette finally closed the distance between him and his bed. He sprawled out all across the mattress, his wet pink hair meeting the sheets. More than anything, he just wanted to sleep and forget about everything that had happened that day, especially about his hair, but it seemed that, despite agreeing to let him sleep, Dongmin had other ideas.

"Hey, hey, don't do that!"

The pink-haired male lifted his head from the pillow and glanced over at his friend in confusion. Didn't he say that he could sleep? "Don't do what?" he mumbled, closing his eyes and moving to once again lay his head down on the pillow. However, before he could, a familiar hand was set between him and the fluff, keeping his head up in the air."What? C'mon, Min. Let me sleep."

"You are such an idiot." Dongmin brought his other hand to Moonbin's head and lifted it up even further, sliding himself in the space between the pinkette and the mattress. He wiggled in place, to get comfortable, and set the male's head down on his lap. "If you sleep like that with wet hair, you'll stain the sheets." He only smiled when his friend looked up at him in awe. "Just shush and go to sleep."

The pinkette simply huffed at the command. He wanted to say something to distract himself from the hopeless butterflies in his stomach, but the fatigue he felt was just too strong, so he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, calming his mind, calming his heart, calming his butterflies, and reminding himself...

They were nothing more than...

----

Edit: Sleeping or editing, that is the question

-Author 🖤