Chapter 5: The Only Truth is You

What should I choose?
Heart or Mind?
An endless maze indeed.

-

Peter went to the tower, a grin plastered on his face. This time, revenge will be sweeter, and his plan would never fail.

Make the Avengers fall for him, ruin Lucas's reputation and back stab them when they thought their family.

-

So when Peter entered he was greeted by Pepper. Shocked faces formed on each and every staff on the first floor.

"Ready to be Tony Stark intern? Mr. Parker?" Pepper asked the boy. "Yes Mrs. Stark." Peter answered the woman's question.

Pepper swung her arms on Peters shoulder. "Peter... Are you really sure?" Pepper asked hesitantly.

"As sure as my plan." Peter told Pepper his plan which got an approval.

Pepper sighed, she knew Peter too much, once he enters the room, once he spends time, he will go back. And that's what she's afraid.

Peter smiled brightly at her.
"Here we are. Alright listen up, this is Peter Lopez. He is your new intern and no, Lucas, he can't be one of your slave." Pepper glared. "If I see you bullying this boy. I won't hesitate to kill you." Pepper spoke.

Natasha started to speak. "Pepper, I thought you loved him." Peter decided to speak up.

"I... Ah... Sorry for intruding... I'll go now." Peter said. His voice quivering. Natasha immediately softened. "I'm sorry Mr. Lopez." "No... Oh no Ms. Romanov, don't apologize it's my fault." Peter spoke.

Tony immediately went and stand up. "Hey kid, if it'll cheer you up, what if we go to my lab?" Lucas glared at Peter.

"Really Mr. Stark? You'd actually let me in your lab? But..." Peter said.

"Don't sweat about it kid. All on me." Peter nodded enthusiasm clear at his body.
"I'd actually join you, I want to learn more about Peter." Bruce stood up. "Me too." Lucas said his voice laced with venom and hate.

"Sorry Lucas, we want Pete to come with us, and I think he'll know how to use things properly." Tony said, remembering how Lucas messed his suit up.

"Sorry dad." Lucas bowed down his face close to tears.

"Let's go Pete, we have a long day ahead of us." Tony said grabbing onto Peters shoulder.

The two scientist and an acting eager Peter went down the hall.

"Damn you Parker. Why did you have to escape?" Lucas mumbled.

"Saying something Lucas?" Pepper asked. Clearly hearing the boy. "Nothing Mom." Proper laughed "Who gave you the right to call me mom?" Pepper asked. "I know what you're up to. You better admit the truth and leave. Cause if you don't." Pepper threaten. "And if I don't?" Lucas asked.

Pepper and Lucas had a staring contest. "And if you don't. Say goodbye to your last name, cause I will make sure you will never be a Stark anymore." Pepper spoke with fiercer voice.

Lucas grumbled.

-

"You are the smartest and probably as smart as me and Bruce! You solved an equation, that took us months." Tony praised him. "I just changed some..." Peter scratched the back of his neck.

"Hey dad, mind if I work on my project." Lucas asked entering the room. "Sure Lucas, if you have any problem, ask Peter. He is a genius." Tony said.

Peter smirked at Lucas as the latter grumbled.

A few hours later.

"Hey um Peter, mind helping me here?" Lucas smirked. Peter was going straight to his plan.

"Sure." Peter said.

"Look here Parker, your just an intern, I'm the son, I could get you fired if I want." Peter smirked.

"You see, according to the files of Stark Industries, only Pepper Potts and Tony Stark not the heir. But then again, would they fire me?" Peter smirked.

Lucas was angry that he pushed Peter on the ground, his hand gracing the sharp edge of the table. Making it bleed.

When Bruce and Tony took a look, they saw Peter on the ground with a bleeding arm. And with Lucas acting like he was wincing.

"Peter! What happened?" Tony asked. "He slipped and scratched me dad." Lucas lied.

"Like I believe you." Bruce spoke.

"Let's get him to Med bay tony." Bruce room Peter and Tony to Med Bay.

Once the trio left Lucas shouted in anger, throwing his stuff off of the table.

"I will kill you Parker if it's the last thing I do."

-

Peter was laying down on the bed. "I'm sorry Mr. Stark for causing a mess." Peter spoke. "Peter, kid, don't apologize for what you didn't do." Tony spoke.

"Well, it looks like" Bruce couldn't finish his sentence because Pepper  went and slammed the door open. "Peter! Are you alright?!" "I'm fine Mrs. Stark." Peter replied.
"Cut the bullshit,  Tony, who did this?"  Tony looked at Pepper,  "Lucas did, he tried to lie but he was caught." Bruce said "But what if he was stating the truth." Tony defended.

"If he was, there should be a scratch mark. But is there?" Bruce rook the side of Peter.

"Friday, what really happened?" Tony asked.

"Mr. Lopez was pushed to the ground by Lucas, resulting in the stitches that is formed on the side of Mr. Lopez. Lucas remained unharmed." Tony gritted his teeth. "You better go talk to that son of yours Tony. Or I will."  Pepper said going out of the room.

Tony sighed, ever since Lucas came into their lives, Pepper was avoiding him. How he missed the old times where Peter PARKER was with- wait. Who the hell is Peter Parker?

"Hey Peter. What's your last name?" Tony asked.

"Lopez Mr. Stark." Peter answered politely. "Okay... Okay... Your not related to Peter Parker?" Tony said. Trying to remember a certain person.

"I saw him once, well on a paper, said he was missing don't know of he was found or not. But he seems like a nice kid." Peter replied.

God how he hated talking in third person.

Tony nodded and excused himself.

First, he was gonna talk to Lucas.

Then his gonna find our more about Peter Parker.

-

Peter walked around the tower bandage hand as he was assisted by Bruce. "What the hell happened?" Clint asked which got a 'language' from Steve.

"But yeah, what happened?" Peter scratched the back of his hand "It's nothing really. Don't mind me." Bruce gave him a stern gaze. "It's not nothing Peter, it's a deep cut that it might scar." Peter froze. Not another scar. "Are you alright?" Peter nodded.

"I'm alright Dr. Banner." Peter spoke. "I told you to call me Bruce." Peter once again scamratched the back of his neck. "Sure... Bruce..." Peter smiled.

Everybody smiled. "Well, since lunch is about to come, let's go to the table." Steve said. "No!" Peter got looks from the three people.

"I mean I don't really want to intrude on your family time. I can go down the cafeteria for food and-" Steve cuts him off "As much as that sounds good, your eating with us. It's the least we can do after what Lucas did. And yes, while you were frozen, Bruce told us."

Peter thanked them as they went inside.

Peter looked down and smirk. Part one, was engaged.