17 - KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Chapter 17

After a while, you got into a long sleek black limo waiting outside for you. A tall, old man waited beside the car in a uniform while Caspian sat in the seat beside the open door. He wore an orange t-shirt under a white sweatshirt vest thing. He wore ripped jeans and big headphones around his neck.

“C’mon,” he whined. “Cornelius sent me to go with you to make sure she turns out at least semi-pretty.” You rolled your eyes and got in the limo, sitting beside Caspian while Mrs. Cosimo sat closer to the other door.

“Drive, Jerade. We’re going to Emmet’s.” The driver nodded silently and started the limo. You sat with your hands in your lap, your eyes not moving from them. After what felt like forever in silence, the car stopped in front of a big white building with large clear windows showing off many different sizes and styles of wedding dresses.

Mrs. Cosimo and Caspian dragged you inside the shop, being met by an older woman with a round body. She spoke in Italian. Both Caspian and Mrs. Cosimo responded in their native tongue and then you were dragged away by several people you never knew.

You yelped, but Caspian and Mrs. Cosimo just shushed you and told you to keep calm. You tried to do as they said, but that was really hard to do when strangers were pulling you every which way and wrapping you in measuring tapes.

Eventually, you were standing in a mirror in a plain dress with a sweetheart top. The layered skirt was white with small, white fabric roses littering it. The skirt also was longer in the back, falling down behind you in a train. You loved the dress.

“It’s hideous. Take it off,” commanded Mrs. Cosimo. You fought the urge to glare at the woman and argue to keep the dress. But you knew that if you did, both she and Caspian would probably get really mad and you would be just causing trouble for yourself.

So you did as you were told and took off the lovely dress before being stuffed and tucked into a skinny, ruffled, ugly cream coloured dress that had little red butterflies covering it. Mrs. Cosimo clapped her hands together.

“It’s perfect! We’ll take it!” she squealed. You looked at the hideous dress in the mirror. You didn’t realize that Caspian took pictures of you in both dresses and sent them to Angel, reporting to his brother like a good little minion. The young Cosimo was sitting in the corner on his phone, uninterested in the squeals from his mother.

Cas: ‘Sup, Bro?

Angie: nm. Hbu?

Cas: Dress shopping with Mummy + YN 😩

Angie: Hm. YN looking OK?

Cas: Ha! The dress Mummy is making her get is hideous!

Angie: Pics. Now.

Cas: *attachment*

Angie: Bruh, it’s not that bad. It looks pretty good on her, actually.

Cas: Oh. Sorry, bro. That’s the dress YN liked. Here’s Mummy’s dress. *attachment*

Angie: HOLY FUCK KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Cas: EXACTLY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR MUM!?

Angie: HOW IS SHE A FASHION DESIGNER?!

Cas: NO CLUE, BRO!

Angie: STOP THEM. QUICKLY! I BEG OF YOU, CAS!

Cas: Hmm, I can do that… for a price😉

Angie: 😒 What do you want, Caspian?

Cas: You give Dad your pudding so he stops stealing mine! For a week!

Angie: 😨😨NOOOO!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Cas: MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Either the pudding, or an ugly bride, bro! Choose now! Mummy is approaching the counter!

Angie: I’m gonna regret this. I’ll do it! I’ll give Father my pudding!

Cas: YAAAASSS! 1 POINT FOR CASPIAN!

“Mummy,” whimpered Cas, tossing himself over his mother’s shoulder. “I don’t think we should get that dress! I think I saw a hole in it!” Mrs. Cosimo sighed at her youngest son.

“Caspian, I-”

“Pleeeeaaaaassseee?” he gave his mother puppy dog eyes, melting her stone cold heart. Afterward he texted Angel with a triumphant text.

*****
666 words. Thought I'd mention that. Don't forget to comment and vote!