[6]

I missed my real outlaw days. The warm sun of Horseshoe Overlook made me think about what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Should I stay with the gang? Rob banks, pickpocket, train jobs... was that what I wanted to do?

Or did I want to settle down and ride off into the sunset with my lover? Did I really want to get married, buy some land, and have children? How many children would I be able to have? Who do I want to be?

I'm brought back to reality when Ms. Grimshaw slaps my back. "Come on ladies, let's get to work! We've got to find jobs an' support this family!" She yelled. I hated traveling with these gossiping hens.

Since they were going into town I'll ride J over and get some new clothes. I'm tired of wearing this damn dress. I stock up J's saddlebag with some snacks and some money I stole from a rich lady in town when we first got here. I saddled up and guided J towards the entrance of camp.

•••

The air was crisp and fresh. The general store...not so much. The cashier keeps looking at me like I'm some kind of item on sale. I end up buying almost every clothing item they had. Of course with the monkey I stole from the cash register. I stole some too some extra to give to Dutch. Almost like a gift for them taking care of me.

Putting on black jeans, black boots, a black long sleeved shirt, and my trusty black hat. I'm ready for whatever this nasty world has to bring me. My belt hangs low on my waist, holding my holster that holds by gun.

While I was feeding J a couple of apples I saw the local saloon. Damn that looks like fun. Putting all my clothes and stolen items in my saddle bag I lightly hit J, signaling for her to go back to camp, and was on my way to the hottest place in town.