Chapter #31 John

When I was little, I knew the definition of a lot of things.

Makes sense when you think about it, a cripple doesn't really have much to do other than getting beat up and studying.

Too bad I stopped studying after I became powerful. Although I do remember one definition. For some reason, it always seemed to stick in my mind.

Bored.

ADJECTIVE
Feeling weary because one is unoccupied or lacks interest in one's current activity.

Pretty weird considering that I could hardly remember anything. Then again, I tend to remember definitions that I'm experiencing. And yes, as you could guess, I'm very bored at the moment.

Let me ask you this, what is more boring than sitting in a stupidly small chair, with an even smaller desk? And to make it even more boring, the person or whatever that's sitting at the front is blabbing about who knows what.

The blonde haired boy beside me kept on sending me glares, and all I did was shrug. At least one thing was good today, pissing off the blonde.

A 'thwack' on my arm dragged me out of my thoughts, and I stared at the piece of paper on the desk. Being as careful as I could be, I opened it up, peering at what was written on it.

Pay attention

I frowned, why would someone actually waste their time making this? It's not like I would actually ever listen to what the man at the front spoke about.

I looked up, and Arlo glared at me, almost expectingly. I knew immediately that he was the one who had given me the note.

I poked my tongue out, and gave him the middle finger. Then, I wrote something on the paper.

Then make the Teacher shut up

I threw the piece of paper in the direction of the blonde haired Jack. And as expected, he caught it.

His face was priceless, and he stared at it for a while, wide eyed. Then he scribbled something on it, throwing it my way when he was finished.

How are you a high tier? And still act like a toddler?!

My fists clenched, and I crumpled the paper. That was none of his business, besides, I did not act like a toddler!

"John, Arlo." The voice in the front bring both of our attention to what was happening at the moment. The man that was supposedly named Keene was at the front, crossing his arms, and narrowing his eyes at us. The girl in front of me, Sera, sighed.

    "Were you two even listening?" He asked, shooting us dark looks.

    "I was," Arlo told him in a calm voice.

    The attention was now on me, and I did what any other person would have done.

    "I was listening as well," I cocked my head to the side. "But Arlo kept on throwing papers my way."

    Keene stared at Arlo, and back at me. Then he shook his head, "I don't care which one of you did what, I just need you to listen, Okay?"

    We both nodded, and I decided to actually pay attention to what he was talking about.

   "Okay," he began, "as you might know, the tonics Doc uses are made out of herbs and other medicines, mixed with his ability." He clapped his hands, "well, thing is, he is apparently running out of herbs, and we need someone to restock them."