5: The Interview

Kyla

I planned on making the call as soon as I was back to my office. Just like Lance wanted I was going to put all of my effort into this interview, not only for him, but for myself. I picked up my office phone as a smirk played on my lips. This was going to be like killing two birds with one stone. I could get what I want and give Lance what he wants.

I dialed the number that was on the card, and placed the phone to my ear. The ringing seemed to go on forever as I waited for the answer. After what seemed like tons of rings only a few rings there was an answer.

"Andre Martin" A smooth and familiar voice answered. My smirk grew wider at the sound of his voice, and just that was turning me on. I cleared my throat before speaking. "Good afternoon Mr.Martin. This is Kyla Kies from Soul Mag-"

"I wondered what took you so long. I see you're using your job to get to me." He interrupted, a little cockily. I scoffed "Don't be so pompous. I am actually calling you to talk business, business only" I said, and it was half true. My mind was all business, but my body wasn't

"Well hello Kyla. How may I help you today?" He said changing his voice to imitate a professional tone. I rolled my eyes and continued. "Well Soul Magazine is interested in having an interview about the success of your club." I said in my own professional voice.

The line was silent for a moment, but I could still hear noise in the background. Then he finally spoke again "Really? that sounds dope. My team and I would love the publicity from it, even though we don't technically need it" Andre said in a cocky tone.

"All publicity is never enough, and I'm sure you'll gain a bigger crowd this way. Our magazine and network being one of the top in the country there are so many more people you can attract" I stated.

"So, are you interested?" I asked, waiting for a response. It was really a trick question, because who wouldn't be interested in an opportunity like this. There was yet another pause on the line.

"It depends" Andre began speaking slowly. I was confused to what he was getting at. He didn't seem like the one to play around and be this childish when it came to business, but you can 't judge a book by it's cover. "On what Mr. Martin?" I asked growing a bit annoyed by the silly little games he was playing.

"Will you be my interviewer?" He asked in a low sexy tone. My once professional demeanor vanished and turned in to my normal sexually aroused self. It was no secret that only a man's tone can get me thinking things, shit if I saw a man breathing a certain type of way that could even get me going. I was hopeless.

"Of course I will Mr.Martin" I said stuck between a half professional voice, and a half seductive voice. "Well then I'm down. I'll give you my manager's number and y'all can discuss the details." He said.

"Thank you, I'll be in touch." I said, before ending the call. I found myself smiling as if I was a fat kid in a candy shop. Andre had to be the sexiest man around, and I just needed to get a piece of him. My mind was already running wild with different positions and other naughty things. This was defiantly going to be fun.

My personal cell phone rang from my purse under my desk. I scrambled to get it before I missed the call. I retrieved my phone and wasn't surprised to see Taylor's name and picture flash across the screen. I reluctantly answered and then put the call on speaker, so I could continue to type on the computer.

"Hellooo" Taylor sang. Her voice filled the room and made my mood go from one hundred to zero in a matter of seconds. "Hey Taylor" I said mono-toned. She has been getting on my last nerves lately and I'm sure she's aware of it. I don't even know what made me answer the phone call, because I knew everything that she was going to say. "When are you going to stop calling?" I asked getting annoyed.