Chapter 37: "Quality" Time?

Sorry guys! I've been extremely busy with homework and school lately! Keeping up in AP and accelerated classes isn't easy! The amount of homework I get on a daily basis is INSANE. Wow it's been over a month since I last updated. I feel bad... Please don't kill me. Oh and 95k reads? That's amazing! Thanks guys!

Song:

Reflections by Misterwives

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy's POV

"I told you that I don't want to go anywhere," I whined.

"And I told you that I do want to go somewhere," Connor replied. "Please?"

I sighed and nodded slowly. "Fine, but can it please just be something simple?"

"We could walk around downtown for fun?" he suggested.

"That actually doesn't seem so bad," I told him.

"And I invited Ricky and Daphne too... I hope that's okay," he trailed.

I sighed loudly and nodded. "Yeah, it's fine, I suppose."

"Great! I'm just gonna take a quick shower and then we can get going."

Then Connor exited the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Connor and I had been living in our own apartment for about a month and a half now and it had been great so far. It seemed as if Connor and I were meant to live together. I smiled at the thought before lazily getting off of the couch to get ready.

~*~

"Ready?" Connor asked.

I took one last look in the mirror. My makeup seemed to be intact. My wavy dark hair hung neatly past my shoulders and my black t-shirt was clean and wrinkle-free. I smiled at my wonderful boyfriend and nodded. "Ready."

He smiled and took my hand in his. "Well let's get going then, shall we?"

I smiled gently and nodded. "Let's go."

We walked side by side through the front door and walked slowly down the sidewalk. It was a bit windy out and there was a slight chill in the air. Within ten minutes, we were downtown. My eyes widened when I saw Daphne happily running toward me. Ricky walked casually behind her with his hands in his pockets. Daphne engulfed me in a tight hug and almost lifted me off the ground. I shrieked in surprise.

"Amy! It's so nice to see you!" she exclaimed as she released from the hug.

I gave her a small smile in return. "Yeah, you too." I then directed my attention to Ricky. "Hey Ricky."

"What's up guys?" he replied smiling.

We all muttered our responses and then all started walking quietly together down the sidewalk.

"So how's life in the new house?" Connor asked.

"Pretty good, actually," Ricky replied. "Aside from the fact that Kian already broke two vases."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head slowly. "That is so like Kian."

"Yeah, absolutely. So everything going well in Connor and Amy-land?"

I glanced at Connor, who was already smiling and biting his lip.

"To say things are going well would be an understatement," Connor replied.

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, things have been pretty great."

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Daphne gushed.