Dinner for Dessert

Tumblr Request: "Hey lovely! If I could, can I please request Dick taking his little daughter (4 or 5 years old) to the park, doing the whole 'higher, daddy, higher!' on the swings and then her convincing him to stop for ice cream, despite dinner being in a little while? No worries if you don't feel inspired by this, love! If you want, you can do Jason instead of Dick! Thank you so much, Jules! <3"

[D/n] - Daughter's Name

---

Dick held her hand as she skipped beside him [D/n], aka your carbon copy, watched the lights on her shoes flash as they walked to the park. It was a warm saturday afternoon so Dick decided to take your daughter to the park so she could let off some energy while you got a small break.

Normally because of his work Dick was gone a lot, so you took the most care of your daughter. So, when he got a saturday off, Dick decided to give you a little break.

[D/n] grinned, jumping up and down when she saw the park in the distance. "Daddy! Daddy! There it is! Hurry up!" She tugged on his arm and Dick chuckled before picking her up and placing her on his shoulders. She squealed in excitement and let her hands play with her father's hair.

Dick chuckled and as they approached the park and set her down. Immediately [D/n] ran to the swings and hopped onto one. "Daddy push me!" Dick walked over to her, "[D/n] what do we say when we want something?"

"Pleeaase" She leaned forward in the swing, giving Dick her best puppy dog eyes. He chuckled and held the chains. "Ready?" She nodded and Dick pulled her back before letting the swing move forward. As she came back he gently pushed her forward again and she giggled ecstatically. "Higher daddy! Higher!"

He pushed just a tad bit harder so she'd go higher into the air. She giggled and squealed as she swung back and forth. However, soon the swing got old and Dick stopped her as she jumped off and ran to the playground. She got to the top of the slide and yelled. "Daddy watch!"

Dick smiled and pulled out his phone, recording her slide down the slide squealing. She jumped up and waved at the phone. "Hi mommy!" She squealed and Dick smiled at the fact she knew who that video was going to. After sending the video to you, Dick played with [D/n] for a couple hours on the playground. He helped her cross monkey bars and slide down the fireman's pole. He watched he play tag with other kids and politely dodged flirting single moms.

The sun started to descend so Dick decided it was time to head him. "[D/n] come on, time to head home." He called for her and without an argument she came skipping over and jumped into Dick's arms. "Daddy? Can we get ice cream?"

"I dunno sweetheart, your mom is making dinner at home." [D/n] pouted and jutted out her lower lip. "Pleeease daddy. I promise I'll eat dinner! We can have dinner for dessert!" Dick chuckled and checked his watch before sighing. "Okay, but only a kiddie cone." [D/n] grinned and hugged him tight. "You're the best daddy ever!"

Leaving the park, Dick and [D/n] stopped at the small ice cream shop that sat as a midpoint between home and the park. [D/n] got a cone with vanilla, and Dick got chocolate milkshake. [D/n] had finished her ice cream by the time they walked through the apartment door.

She went running into the kitchen where you were just finishing up dinner. "Mommy!" She hugged your legs. Smiling you put down the masher you were mashing potatoes with. "Hey sweetie, how was the park?" You kissed her forehead. She grinned, "It was so so fun! Did you get our video?!" You nodded and she jumped up and down excitedly. "I did the slide all by myself! And daddy and I got ice cream! So we're having dinner for dessert."

You rose an eyebrow and looked at Dick who was leaning against the wall, still sipping at his shake. "Really now?" [D/n] nodded and grinned. "Sweetie how about you go wash your hands for dinner okay?"

"Okay mommy!" She smiled and went skipping to the bathroom.

You chuckled and walked up to Dick. "Dinner for dessert huh?" He shrugged and offered you the shake. "Yup, wasn't a bad idea." He smiled as you took a sip of it. "You're not mad are you?" Shaking your head, you shrugged. "It's a saturday, special treats are for saturdays so I don't see a problem, as long as she eats dinner."

Dick smiled and nodded, "Well it smells amazing, so I'm sure she will." You hummed and kissed him gently, "Thank you. It's a recipe Jason sent me." He chuckled and shook his head, "Must be good then."

Soon [D/n] came rushing back in. "Did you say Uncle Jay's recipe??" She squealed and you nodded. She pumped her fists in the air, "Yay! Uncle Jay is the best cook ever!"

You and Dick both laughed, "How about after dinner we call your uncles and Papa Bruce?" Dick smiled and picked her up. She nodded enthusiastically as you kissed her cheek. "You can, as long as you eat dinner."

She grinned and squirmed from Dick's arms, into yours. "Deal mommy!"