Toko x Reader Soulmate!AU

(this is a soulmate AU where you draw something on a part of your body, and whoever has the same exact drawing on the same exact spot of their body is your soulmate. the idea is not mine.)

You stare at the words that you had written on your wrist so many years ago.

"You'll find the one," you wrote. You never thought it was going to happen. You'd looked everywhere for two years. Just for someone who had those words on their wrist. You should have given up a long time ago, but you refused to, not until you found the one!

You were heading out of your house to go run some errands (and maybe get food). Every day, you hoped that you would just bump into the person who had the words "you'll find the one" in messy writing on their left wrist. Every. Single. Day.

You put in your earbuds and turn on some music as you cross the street in the huge crowd of people that you had to walk with every morning.

As you were walking, you bump into someone. You weren't watching where you were going, but it happens all the time, and the person usually just keeps walking. However, this person actually stopped in front of you...

"Ah! Uh, I'm sorry!" you pull one of your earbuds out so you could hear, apologizing for your negligence. You looked at them. She was a girl, with long burgundy colored hair and glasses. Her pale complexion glowed in the early sunlight.

"N-No, uh, i-it's my fault. I'm s-sorry, I should be more c-careful next time..." she says, and with that she runs off, leaving you speechless and standing in the middle of the crosswalk as people push and shove to get to the other side of the street.

You pop your earbud back into your ear, pull your hood over your head, and continue to walk.

When you got back home, you couldn't stop thinking about that girl who you had bumped into that morning. You were angry at yourself for letting her slip through your fingers since she could have been "the one," as so-called by many.

You officially decided that tomorrow you would find her.

-

The next day, you go to my favorite café. You were particularly excited, as in your opinion it had the best coffee and cute little pastries!

You had well forgotten about that girl you ran into yesterday by the time you had woken up that morning, but it didn't help at all when you saw her in line at the café.

"Y-You..?" you gulp as your face turns red. She turns around and freezes. You feel that burning feeling of everyone's eyes on you just stupidly staring at each other.

She pulls her hood on and tries to pretend that she doesn't see you, but you know damn well she did.

"Hey! I know you! I ran into you yesterday, didn't I?! You're just trying to get away from me, aren't you?" you yell, but she doesn't even turn around to acknowledge you.

"C'mon, I know you see me!" you yell once more.

All you remember after that is blinking and seeing her already bolting towards the door.

Damn, she's fast! you think to yourself as you turn around.

Before she could leave you grab her lower arm, accidentally pushing her sleeve up. Your eyes widen when you spot a few words inked in black on her wrist.