Chapter 20

Skylar’s POV

When I wake up I don’t know where I am firstly. After looking around I notice the dark. The dark of the night but also the dark inside of me. I feel like there is nothing left, no emotions just a big nothing. I feel the ground beneath me, the wet grass outside the cave.

Seems like no one cares about me anymore. Why would they when even my own mate doesn’t? What meaning does my life now have? None. That’s it. The meaning of a werewolfs life is to protect and love their mate and nothing else. So without a mate to love and protect there is nothing left for me.

A soft howl gets me out of my depressed thoughts and I notice Brian sitting next to me looking sad.
“What’s wrong little one? Why are you out here?” I ask him not expecting an answer since he is still too young to actually talk.
As expected he just sits there starring right in my eyes and it hits me like a wave.

How can I just sit around thinking those depressing things? It’s nothing I ever do. I fight, I’m not weak. And of course I still have a meaning. I have Brian to look after and not just him but also a whole pack.

Of course losing a mate hurts but that’s not an excuse to let all the others down. I fighted all my life to get where I am now. I can’t just give all of that up. Just like I’m not going to give up on Rosie.

She’s mine and always will be. She can’t just run away from me like that! I’ll fight for her just like I always do. Skylar Finnigan isn’t a whiny little girl! I can do it. I will get her back!

I pick Brian up carrying him back to the cave where he should stay. How was he even able to get out of there? I thought he was sleeping?

“Where where you?” Jaime yells at me.
“Yeah we were searching for hours!” Shawn shouts running out of the cave to stand next to his mate.
“What are you guys talking about? I just blacked out for a few minutes” I tell them confused.
“More like five hours” my beta corrects me. “Where is Rosie?” he adds looking around.

“Well that’s a good question.”

We searched for my mate for days. We searched in the woods around us. In the cities next to them but we weren’t able to find her anywhere. We asked Bobby and Molly but the twins haven’t seen her around lately either. I started worrying after two days without a clue. Now two weeks after we started to search for her I start to lose all hope that was left.