Prelude to a Kiss

"Kay?"

I looked into the eyes of the beautiful, slightly chubby, hazel eyed boy in front of me. A boy, no scratch that....man I'd come to fall in love with. In just a few short months, this man stole my heart, and I knew I was never getting it back. How did I know? Because we were leaving a magical place that brought us together. I would be flying back to my home town, and he would be going to his. We've never kiss (though came close a few times), dated, slept together, nothing. We just shared a dorm room, played music, and drank to our hearts' content. We shared a love of comic books, art, music, and drugs. He was the first real friend I'd ever had the pleasure to have. We were one in the same. We had the same outcast lifestyle, and tragedies. And as I looked into his eyes, as we were about to part ways, and say goodbye...I could feel my heart breaking. I already felt hollow, and he was still standing right there. How did I come to love this man? To be so dependant on him? To feel as if he wasn't with me I couldn't breath? Love....damn love. 

"Gee."

"I guess...."

"Yeah..."

I couldn't and wouldn't hide the sadness in my voice. I felt myself tear up, and I tried to hide my face from him. I wouldn't let him see me cry, it wasn't fair to either of us. I was the one that couldn't be brave enough to tell him how I felt. Too scared of rejection and losing the only real friend I'd ever had. So no, I was not going to let Gerard Arthur Way see me cry. 

"Kayla?"

I looked up again, and his hand came up to wipe a traitorous tear that escaped my eye. My lip was quivering, and I was going to lose it any second. He cupped my cheek, making me close my eyes, and lean into his hand. A sigh escaped my lips. For once I felt as though we were on the same page. His hand left my cheek, only to go under my chin tilting it up, and bringing my face to his. What felt like forever, was only a few seconds...till our lips met.

Fireworks, just plain and simple. His lips were warm, and fit against mine perfectly. Like they were meant to be connected. The kiss was soft, sweet, demanding, and desperate. Our tongues danced the tango in our mouths, a small whimper escaped my throat. I never wanted this to end. But it did. He pulled away, but rested his forehead on mine. His left arm holding my waist, keeping me close to him. Where I knew I belonged. I didn't dare open my eyes. I was too fearful that this was all a dream. That these past 3 months were just an illusion. I couldn't let that happen. But I needed to know something. Why?

"Gerard?"

"Yes?"

"Why?"

He was quiet, and I opened my eyes to see him looking right at me. Studying me. I could get lost in those eyes. They were slightly more green today, which complimented his long black hair wonderfully. I wanted to run my fingers through it. To kiss every inch of his face. To confess my love to him. But I didn't. When he sighed I broke out of my trance and paid attention to his words.

"Because I wanted something to remember you by. Because I've wanted to do that for a while now. Because I lo-" "Because I'm going to miss you Kay-Bear."

"I feel the exact same way.  I'm going to miss you too Gee-Man." You have no idea how much.

"Gee?"

"Kay?"

"Is this the end? Goodbye forever."

He looked as if he was thinking it over, and a smirked played on his lips. He pecked my own, hugged me, and then quoted one of my favorite movies that I made him watch at least 50 times.

"Of course not, it's only the beginning."

Oh how I wanted those words to be true.