Chapter 82

Chapter Eighty Two

I was having of trouble wrapping my head around things, which wasn't anything new, but you know what?

I wasn't going to let it bother me.

With that resolve in mind, I took it upon myself to get dressed into something suitable enough for running. I ended up deciding on a clean pair of tight-fitting denim jean shorts and a pastel pink hoodie. I picked the shirt simply because it was cute, baggy, and was long enough to hide my hands. Not to mention, the sunflower logo on the front added a snap of color.

That, combined with the white tennis shoes that Tiffany had gotten me, was what I picked.

After I was dressed, though, my thoughts came creeping back and since it was dark out I decided to pull back the curtain in my room so I could open the window.

I knew that Sebastian was doing his own thing in the living room, probably waiting on me to come out so we could go, but I couldn't help but think about everything that was going on. I set my hand on the cold glass and sighed before setting my head against it, too.

So much is happening, I mentally muttered, gently chewing on my lip; my top fangs dug into my soft flesh as I worried it. When should I tell Sebastian about Steve?

I had no idea.

I didn't know what to do or when to do it. I stared outside, warm breath misting on the chilly glass as I scanned the moon-washed trees. I still couldn't get over the very real sensation that someone had been in the cabin with me earlier. No matter how many times I told myself it was nothing, a cold, weird feeling kept curling up my spine and settling just beneath my chest.

I swallowed, then bent down and straightened my socks before leaving my room.

Sebastian was shirtless and doing rapid alternating one-armed push-ups on the living room floor in a manner that heavily resembled the time I'd seen Woody exercising similarly. His muscles were covered in a glossy sheen of sweat, and I could hear him breathing evenly.

His body was a blur, moving so fast and so powerfully and abnormally that it was mesmerizing to watch. He didn't stop even when I slinked over to the wall and leaned against it, lacing my fingers together behind my back and crossing my ankles as I studied him.

A smile crept across my mouth when his eyes flashed up, and although it was hard to see much with his inhuman speed, I knew he was looking right at me. My skin prickled underneath his watchful eyes, and when I caught sight of pearly white teeth flashing a wicked grin, I preened.

He stopped and let his body swing upright in a wide arc, back arching and shoulders held wide.

He cocked his head and looked down at me, chest and back covered in sweat.

"Finished showing off?" I quietly teased, tilting my own head the other way in an exaggerated mockery of his own posture. "Because I must say, I was kind of enjoying the show."

Sebastian snorted and rolled his neck. "Trying to stay in shape."

"An obvious struggle," I drawled, glancing at his defined eight-pack and rock-hard abdomen. My beau's slow smirk made the sarcastic comment seem worth it. "When are we going?"

"We can leave now if you want," Sebastian murmured, eyes growing dark; I noticed almost immediately that there was something a little off about his expression, something I couldn't put my finger on. There was an odd eagerness in those dark eyes. "Is that what you want?"

"Well, I mean, I want to go running with you," I said, confused by the inquiry. "Isn't that what we had planned?"

He immediately sauntered forward with a cocky swagger to his walk, setting one hand against the wall beside my face and leaning down so we were at eye level. His irises were mere inches from my own, boring into me with slyness and admiration and so many other things.