Befriending Boomer and Doser

Yesterday was a hectic day

Yesterday was a hectic day. I called Ana later at night to check on her. She was alright. Matt called her twice since the incident which was really sweet of him. I was more than glad for what he did for Ana. If anything was to happen to her, I wouldn't be able to live. She was my sister more than she was my friend along with Beth. Since our childhood, we had been facing everything good and bad together. Once when we were in kindergarten, Ana stood up to my bullies for me even though she was the most sensitive and sweetest girl in the school. That day I knew I couldn't be weak anymore. I had to be strong. She was the reason I could look people in the eyes now without cowering away.

Today I decided to explore the library. I had been waiting for this since the day I first stepped foot into this heavenly place.

Political section... historical section... business section... accounting section... journals... The heck! Are you joking with me? No romance? No adventure? No fantasy novels? Who the heck was in charge of this library? I gotta give them a piece of my mind on how to give life to a dead library.

Grumbling, I turned around to leave when my eyes fell on the far left corner of the room, a small bookshelf occupying it. I approached the direction and leaned down. The books on the shelf looked old and untouched for years. I picked up a green covered book and blew the dust off. A round of coughing left my mouth. Ah! The person in charge was about to learn an effective lesson, and I would make damn sure of it.

I observed the scribblings on top of the book.

'The call of the wild... by... Jack London'

My heart jumped in ecstasy. I read that book when I was in eighth grade. It used to be my favorite back then. I could read this book over and over again without getting bored. Oh and would you look at that? This was the original copy.

Searching the room, I found a sill by a small window, and made myself comfortable in the spot. I turned the cover and lost myself in the magical world called books.

I was almost halfway through the book when loud barks broke my concentration, following it came a crashing sound and then Donna's shouts. Putting the book down, I sped out the library, my heart pounding in my chest.

A gasp left my mouth when I stepped into the dining room. It was a mess. Boomer and Doser sat on the floor, the silk tablecloth in-between their teeths being yanked from two sides. Food and broken plates were scattered all over the place.

The lunch food...

Naughty fluffers, very naughty fluffers.

Donna and the old cook stood there with their hands on their heads, a horrified expression coloring their faces. I felt bed for poor John! He would have to cook all over again.

Someone gasped from behind me making me spin around. Bella had a hand clamped over her mouth, the same expression laced on her face with a bit of guilt.