- ̗̀ 森 16

After what seemed like hours, Yoongi and Jimin end up walking in a complete circle.

Even though Jimin had a compass out to lead them the right way, this was honestly mind boggling to Yoongi how one could be so unhelpful or useless? Maybe there was a better word to describe what he was thinking right now, but he was too out of it to think of one.

Although Jimin was completely clueless about everything right now, Yoongi still couldn't help but admire the fact that he was trying to find a way out of there for their sake, even though it had been Jimin who gotten them lost in the first place.

Yoongi was so caught up in his thoughts that he failed to notice that Jimin had stopped abruptly in front of him, so he ran face first and straight into the older boy's back.

"Oh, fuck! Are you okay?" Jimin asks surprised and genuinely concerned about having hurt Yoongi. Yet the younger boy didn't even mind and just brushed it off as if nothing even happened in the first place, even though Jimin's back was extremely built and it hurt kinda bad.

Of course he wasn't going to admit it though, the last thing he wanted was for Jimin to think that he was a weak and completely useless as an underclassmen, which he knew he was, but Jimin didn't need to know that, at least not yet.

The only thing bothering him at the moment was how dark it was getting outside and how he definitely needed to get back to the cabin before the sun sets completely. He didn't need to make a fool out of himself in front of Jimin, especially when it was for something as silly as his fear of the dark.

"Hyung?" Yoongi looks up at Jimin who's still focused intently on his compass, then he looks away from it briefly to look down at the underclassmen and hummed out his response, "We'll make it back before the sun goes down... right?"

Something about Yoongi's tone throws him off, he wasn't exactly sure on where they were or which way they even came from, but he wasn't about to lie to Yoongi, better honest than dishonest.

"We'll try our best. Alright, kitten?" Or some form of the the truth and lie combined.

Jimin clicks his tongue and pinches Yoongi's cheek for a second before focusing on the compass again. Now he definitely had to find a way back and quickly, he could see Yoongi shaking in fear out of the corner of his eye, he was curious, but he knew better than to question it.

It was probably just a misunderstanding anyways.

"Come on, Yoongi-ssi!" Jimin extends a hand out in Yoongi's direction as he clasps and unclasps his hand, signaling for the younger boy to hold his hand. "Let's get back!" His voice was full of enthusiasm which made him feel a little bit better, and it also reminded him that he wasn't all alone out here.

Yoongi stares at Jimin's hand and slowly took out his own hand to which Jimin snatched in an instant. The younger boy swears he felt his heart skip a beat as he was pulled by the gorgeous model.

His hand is so soft was all Yoongi could think as he walked, now side by side with Jimin, their hands still in each other's. He could feel his face starting to warm up, so Yoongi shifts his gaze to the ground paying attention to all the stupid rocks and dirt. He'd occasionally look up at the upperclassmen, realizing that he didn't even look in his direction, not once.

He had his hopes up again.

The search for Jimin and Yoongi was in motion, yet none of the boy's have found either of them. They started looking for them about an hour ago with no luck whatsoever. It was really starting to get tedious.

"I hope Yoongi's okay." Namjoon squeaks as he points his flashlight forward to see the trail that they were walking on. Yifan agreed with the boy silently while Seokjin just stayed silent, walking by the younger boy's side. "Poor Yoongi is afraid of the dark y'know?"

Yifan's eyes widen a bit, realizing just why that was a huge problem, his poor Shortcake probably wouldn't last in the pitch black forest with that excuse of an upperclassman, "What're we waiting for? We have to find him- I mean them." He says and starts walking in front of Namjoon and Jin.

The two boys share a glance at each other but they shrug it off as they continued walking down the earthy trail.

"We won't get much done if we all look in the same place..." Yifan mumbled just loud enough for the two younger boys behind him to hear, "You guys go that way and I'll go the other. I have my walkie-talkie so just use that to keep in touch."

Yifan doesn't even give them a chance to respond because when they try, he's already walking off into the other direction. Namjoon sighs and states how stupid he thought Yifan was before walking extra close to Jin.

"Jimin hyung?" Yoongi's bottom lip trembles as he stops walking. Jimin also stops and turns around slowly to look back at the smaller boy, his face immediately softens when noticing how terrified he looks.

Jimin walked towards Yoongi with a smile and soft eyes that made the younger boy forget about his surroundings for a moment. All he could focus on was Jimin's pretty smile and any sign of darkness around them was gone.

The older boy was like a eternal light source, brightening the vicinity with nothing more than himself. Before Yoongi knew it, he was being held by his personal light.

Jimin wiped away the boy's tear with a swipe of his thumb and brought Yoongi in closer.

"What's the matter? Is it getting too dark?" Jimin asks softly and he feels his heart thump more than usual when Yoongi nods against his chest and tighten his hold around around his waist.

Jimin smiles softly again and brings his hand up to the back of Yoongi's head and pet him comfortingly. The older boy smiled at the trembling smaller boy in his arms and sighed, "There's a cabin over there," Jimin points out and Yoongi lifts his head just a little to peek over.

"Hopefully that group will let us stay the night." Jimin spoke his thoughts while gently caressing Yoongi who nodded his head instantly.

Jimin let go of the boy making Yoongi miss the contact, but when he felt an arm around his shoulder he welcomed it with open arms. The older boy started leading them towards the bright and cheerful sounding cabin, keeping Yoongi as close to him as possible.

Then suddenly they were already on the porch, Jimin knocking lightly at the front door. The second he did so, the laughter died down and the people on the other side started whispering out of curiosity over who it could possibly be.

Then the door flew open.

"Kookie!" Yoongi screamed out in joy and jumped into his arms.