8

Raelyn -a month later-
"you ruined Jack." johnson says with a laugh.
"how did i ruin him?" i ask. he gives me a look and i give him one back.
"he bought a ring online. it was delivered the day you guys got home. it's been sitting, opened, on his dresser for the last month." he says. i sigh
"you guys make me feel horrible." i say. he laughs.
"we're not trying too. but you can't lie and say that you didn't fall for him those few days you guys were together." he says. i close my eyes. he's right i can't.
"see! wow. i'm should be a therapist." he says. i laugh softly.
"okay? so what if i did? i told him i never wanted to marry him." i say.
"but is that true?" he asks.
"i hate you." i say. he laughs.
"maybe you should come over and surprise him. he went out to lunch with laura while she's in town. he left like, 45 minutes ago so he should be home soon." he says. i sit back in my chair. maybe i should. maybe i should just surprise him.
"i'd sound so stupid just being like 'surprise! change of plans, i actually do wanna marry you i was just scared and stupid." i say. johnson laughs.
"then maybe don't. just come over and we'll figure out what to say." he says. i sigh.
"come on. i know you want to." he wiggles his eyebrows. i laugh
"raelynnnnn. i know you want tooooo." he says. i groan.
"fine. i'll be there in 10." i say.
"okie dokie. see ya soon." he says. i flip him off and hang up the facetime. i then get up from my desk and walk to my closet. i grab a very light pink tank top and some jeans. i slip everything on and throw on a black sweater. i also slip on my white vans and then grab my phone and my keys. i then make my way downstairs and out to my car. i get in and then head to where the guys live.

-15 minutes later-
"i'm not gonna say, fuck me." i say. johnson laughs.
"then say what ever you feel comfortable saying." johnson says. i sigh.
"i hate you." i say.
"you seem to say that a lot." he says. i flip him off. johnson's phone dings. he looks down at it.
"jack's here. go!" he exclaims quietly. i grab my shoes and then run upstairs to his room. i look around for somewhere to sit and spot the ring. i walk to it. it's beautiful. it just a band of diamonds which is what i've always wanted. i hear some talking downstairs which snaps me out of my daze. i go and sit on the little chair on the corner. criss cross. i then play with my fingers as i wait. if he actually agrees with this, i'll be wearing a ring on my hand at all times. i hold my hand out and squint, trying to imagine what it would look like.
"bullshit." Jack says as he walks in his room. i plop my hand back down on my lap quickly. he slips his shoes off and tosses his keys. he sees my shoes at the doorway and frowns then looks up. i smile softly.
"surprise?" i say, though it comes out as more of a question. a small smile appears on his face.
"what the hell are you doing here?" he asks.
"i came to say hey." i say. he gives me a look.
"after a month of not talking to me, you came to my house just to say hey?" he asks. i nod
"i'm a spontaneous person." i say while nodding. he nods. a few beats of silence pass. i look at the dresser.
"that rings really pretty." i say, pointing to it.
"that's not supposed to be out." he grabs it off his dresser and closes the box and then stuffs it into his back pocket. i tuck my hair behind my ear.
"so i lied." i say, looking up at him. he frowns.
"about?" he questions.
"a big thing." i say.
"what?" he asks again.
"like a really big thing. like, life changing thing." i say.
"are you hiding from the cops?"
"what? no!" i exclaim with a laugh. he smiles.
"the trip. i lied on the trip." i say.
"maybe it's too late. you're probably with someone else right?" i ask. he slowly shakes his head.
"i wanna get married. i wanna have a huge wedding with every single person i know. i wanna have a big fluffy dress and extravagant decorations. i wanna get married in Italy and your France for my honeymoon.  i want that. soon." i say. his face has softened up as realization has hit him.
"rae-"
"i'm not done." i say, cutting him off.
"and all i need is someone to marry. preferably someone i've known my whole life and made a bet with when we were 12, not knowing that we would actually run into each other. someone who i was a bitch to a month ago because i was scared. someone who bought a beautiful ring with out my knowledge and planned on surprising me when we got home but i ruined it because i was being stupid-"
"raelyn." Jack says. i look at him. he laughs.
"shorten it. your babbling." he says. i sigh and stand up.
"i wanna get married. with you. i know i'm being a hypocrite–i'm ready. and if you don't want to anymore that's completely fine. i'll be okay. but you bought a ring already and it looks really expensive so i'd feel bad if it wasn't used so like if you could find someone you actually wanna marry and use it then do that because-"
"raelyn." he cuts me off again with a laugh.
"you babble like you did when you were 12." he says.
"some things never change." i say with a small laugh.
"one thing will." he says. i frown.
"what?" i ask. he pushes himself off of his dresser and walks to me. he takes the box out of his back pocket and takes the ring out. he then grabs my hand and slips the ring on.
"you'll have a ring on your finger forever." he says. i laugh and look down at the ring.
"this is beautiful." i breath.
"sydney and kylie said it's a ring you've saved your camera roll. so i found it and got it. intending on asking you when we came back." he says.
"but i was bitch and dropped a huge fucking bomb last minute." i say.
"you were scared. i understand. i was too." he says.
"what made you change your mind?" he asks. i sigh.
"i actually fell for you those few days we were together. when we were cuddled together, it felt normal. and i realized that after i had turned you down." i say.
"well i'm glad you did." he says. i smile and nod.
"same here." i say. i look down at the ring again and adjust it.
"rae." Jack says.
"hmm?" i question and look up. he leans down and connects our lips. i smile and kiss back. i'm really glad i made this decision.