Chapter 14

Unedited

Texas was over bearing and rude to the nurses and doctor.

He insisted on asking them how long they have done their job before they could touch me. Hell he deemed two of them not good enough! He made them nervous I could feel it in their shaking hands.

I tried to smile and sooth their worries but I don't think it helped because the nurse flinched and dropped whatever was in her hand.

Texas grumbled, growled, and cussed when I flinched at unexpected touches.

He told me step by step what each of them were doing so I wouldn't be surprised.

He was the definition of a pissed off over protective alpha man, and I loved it. I shouldn't because honestly it's too much but it also makes me feel cared for. It made me feel loved.

Like really loved. Not the love that I am used to that has false promises before they leave you to fall on your ass when your no longer convenient or out for show.

But the kind of love that is self-sacrificing and dependable. It's the kind of love that is warm like a blanket of safety and hot in anger but refuses to burn you.

He came. He drove an hour to the city and he didn't leave me, he hasn't left me. If anything he has kissed the hurt away and held on tighter.

That matters more then anyone could ever understand because I have never had this. I have never had friends that feel like family. I have never had anyone to call when I was in trouble and I had 4 whole people to call today. That's unheard of for me.

And that probably scares me worse then the dark closet. Because just like Zaylee for the first time in my life I have something to lose.

She is so strong. She never cried when she sat there blindly as people poked and prodded her. She never even winced when the needle touched her skin. I do not think she understands how strong she is.

The fucking nurses keep looking at me like I did this to her. Like she is trapped in another fucked up abusive relationship and I'm the abuser.

If they only knew that I would never lay a hand on her. That I would rip out my own heart before seeing her covered in blood or her pretty little neck colored with bruises again.

I am going to destroy the man who did this to her.

Kelsey finally comes in with Lillys extra pair of glasses and I can feel the tension leave Lilly's body when she has them on her face.

"Better?" I ask as the ultrasound machine is wheeled into the room.

"Yes!" She says with the brightest smile on her bandaged face. Damn she is beautiful cuts, bruises, and all.

Not wanting to let go even now that she can see I lean back onto the bed so that she is leaning back on me.

"You are being very rude you know?" Looking down at Lilly I think she is talking to me but she is looking at the tec.

The woman didn't answer she just kept glaring daggers at me behind Lilly. Fuck her she isn't worth my time. None of these judgemental ass holes are

"He didnt do this!" She says gesturing to her face.

"He is my friend and he came and got me when I called because I can't see without my glasses. He insisted that I come to the hospital to get fixed up and all any of you have done has been rude to him. That is very judgemental, and it's never kind to assume! You should all feel ashamed of yourself!" Lilly scolds in a very mortherly tone. I can't help but crack a smile. She thinks the other women's opinion matters to me.

"Boyfriend Lilly I am your boyfriend, and fuck them. We both know I would never hurt you and that's all that matters." I say not liking just being one of her friends. Fuck that Megan, Summer, Kelsey, and Gear are her friends.

"Ummm okay...." she syas in a strangled voice.

Turning around so she can fully face me I can see the worry in her eyes....

"That's a big word Texas are you sure your ready to be a one woman man?" She asks chewing on her bottom lip.

"I have been a one woman kind of man since you let me in that tight little pussy of yours baby. I'm sure you are all the woman I can handle much less want." I assure her while kissing her forehead.

"Well I guess if you put it that way." Lilly says in a dry voice letting me know she does not like my vulgar words. Rolling her eyes she turns and leans back into me before lifting her shirt so they can check on the baby.

I laugh at her sas before leaning over and kissing her cheek. "You and this baby, you are all I want, all I need. I'm sorry for making it sound like it's just sex, although the sex is really great." I whisper stressing the word really.

"I'm sorry miss we shouldn't have judged but he hasn't been the friendliest since he got here with you. And you were so scared we were just worried." The tec says trying to plead her bitchy case.

Fuck her, she just needs to shut up and do her job.

Lilly looks up at the tec and I can practicing feel the anger leaving her little body "Of course I am scared a man attacked me in broad daylight coming out of a store. And I'm pregnant. Im scared for my child." She ends in the most broken voice. I just pull her tighter and send the tec a nasty look. If she says one more thing to upset my Angel then she will soon be out of a job.

"But that has nothing to do with Texas. If anything he has been the only thing keeping me from coming unglued!" She ends before turning away from the nurse and pressing her face into my shoulder.

She does not turn back until the tec places the gel on her belly.

Okay y'all comment, and vote to let me know how you feel.... Do you think the baby is okay?