"No... I don't think so... I guess I should leave early too. I promised Rebecca an early dinner." I smiled.

"Why don't you guys join us... It'd be like a double date."

"No." I said immediately.

"Why? It'd be fun... Rebecca would like that very much."

"I don't think Rebecca's ready to go out now... This is Orlando, we could run into anybody... We wouldn't want her to, you know- break down emotionally, over again."

It was actually the truth, I had tried to persuade Rebecca a thousand times, trying to make her come out with me, maybe to the office or errands, but she'd refuse Everytime... Giving the Same excuse I gave to Piper...

She just wasn't ready. And I respect that.

"Oh... That's true... I'm so glad that you're there for her, she needs you at this moment."

"I know." But the question is, will she need me when she finds out about what Rafael made me do?

No! I can't think of this now.

"Alright then... I'll just pack up and get ready to retire for the night." She said, giving a slight nod and waking away.

It would have been a good idea, but I was pretty sure Rebecca would refuse...

Speaking and thinking of Rebecca, I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

When she picked up, I was met with silence.

"Rebecca?" I spoke first, wondering why she was quiet.

"Oh... Emeliano... It's you? Hi... I've been calling the office line for quite a while now, you must be really busy."

"Yes, kind of... Are you okay? You sound kind of off?"

"I'm good. I just miss you- I'm really bored out of my mind at home."

"I could change that, but you wouldn't let me."

"We talked about this Emeliano. I'm not ready to- you know? Go out on dates and all that stuff."

I sighed, feeling a smile fall to my lips. "I understand, you're ready to go on dates, but you're not ready to bump into unwanted faces."

She giggled. "See, this is exactly why I love you... You totally get me... When are you coming back though? I've got cards and i'm dying to beat you at it."

I chuckled. "You... Beat the great Emeliano at cards? Hmm... I'd love to see you try."

"Challenge taken Liano. Come home soon."

"On my way love."

"I love you." She said, causing my heart to skip a beat. Hearing her say those words would never ever in this world or the next get old.

"Love you too." I replied, ending the call, sitting up and shutting down my laptop, but I paused when I heard the commotion just outside my office.

"You can't go in, he's busy and he wouldn't like that." Piper's voice was loud enough for me to hear.

"I want to see him... That bastard is going to pay! Get out of my way, girl!" The very familiar voice yelled back at Piper.

"You can't go in sir... I'll be forced to call the security on you if you try to insist... Why don't you be a gentle man and just come another time." Piper said politely.

I could feel my heart beat racing as the seconds passed, my feet was pinned to the ground beneath me as the sudden emotion of anger and fear gripped my chest in a hard way.

"Get out of my way! Now!" The voice said again, and with the sound of Piper's Yelp, I knew he had pushed her out of his way cause his footsteps got closer and closer until finally, the door to my office pulled open with full force.

Revealing the monster who had always hunted my dreams even till this day, whose voice always resounded in my ears, downgrading and depressing me... The man who I loathe with my every being.

I swallowed hard trying to find my words, but the only words I could manage was his name.

"Rafael."

__

Vote and Comment!

The full story will be available here on April 14, and will be taken down alongside the first book on May 14th (this is until I make a decision to leave it permanently here on Wattpad or take it off finally)

For now, this is your only chance of reading it for free!

Follow me here on Wattpad to stay in the loop with updates!

Follow my Instagram for more! (Username: therebeccayouknow )