Chapter 2

iDOAzu’s POV

    It seemed everyone had found cute little doppelgangers of themselves. It had been decided that our world’s Haruka would go by Haruka, and the other Haruka was Penguin-chan. I thought it was cute.

    Our Iori would go by Iori-chan, and the other Iori was Minase-chan.

    The Yukiho I knew was now Yukipyon, and the other was Yukiho-chan.

    And our Ritsuko would be known affectionately as Demon General, while the other was just plain Ritsuko.

    They were all adorable, like having twins. Ami-chan and Mami-chan were thrilled with their new playmates. It was rather easy to pick out differences in personality, however. Demon General was rather strict, while Ritsuko seemed more relaxed. Minase-chan was a bit more gruff then Iori-chan. And Yukipyon was still Yukipyon, although Yukiho-chan was much braver.

    Briefly, I wondered if I would ever get a twin. On one side of me on the couch was Makoto-chan, who also hadn’t gotten a doppelganger, and on the other side was Chihaya-chan. She hadn’t found one either. Hibiki-chan, Takane-chan, and Miki-chan were across from us.

    “I wanna twin too,” Hibiki-chan muttered, gazing longingly at the playing twins.

    “Me too, but don’t they all look cute?” I agreed, giggling.

    “Exactly! That’s why I want ‘em!” Hibiki-chan wailed.

    “None of us have found ours yet,” Chihaya-chan commented. I nodded.

    “Then they should hurry an’ show up,” Hibiki-chan said.

    I wondered where they had come from. Why were they here? That was when the whirring noise started.

    “Who’s there?” Makoto-chan and Hibiki-chan yelled, both of them immediately glancing in the direction of the noise. A large, swirling mass of nothing had appeared on the walls.

    “It’s It!” Minase-chan gasped.

    “What a lovely decoration,” Takane-chan murmured.

    “Miki doesn’t think it’s a decoration, Takane,” Miki sighed. “Is it going to spit out Miki’s twin?”

    “Who knows?” I giggled. “Perhaps it will.”

XenoAzu’s POV

    It didn’t make any sense to either of us.

    We were dead. It seemed that she knew that. I knew that. We both knew that.

    And yet here we were, flying through this mass of…whatever it was. I glanced at her; my sister, Kisaragi Chihaya, who said nothing, but she was grinning from ear to ear.

    “Imber…is that you?” I heard her whisper faintly. “Imber, are you calling me? I’m coming…”

    I wondered if wherever we were going really did contain all the iDOLs. And if it contained the iDOLs, would it contain the people?

    Haruka. Iori. Yukiho. Joseph and the rest.

    Makoto.

    I wasn’t sure if leaving her had been the right decision. But I think both of us had known it was my duty to get rid of Mother. Now I was gone for good, or so I had thought. Traveling around in this mass, it was hard to tell. That was when I saw the end—a bright, cheery-looking place. It was foggy through the screen of distorted space, but I saw happy, smiling faces—and I saw Iori, Haruka, Yukiho, and Ritsuko.