The Static you heard

Readers P.O.V

You would think that sitting all day in a dark room would drive you crazy eventually, right? Well, that is not the case for me. I tend to enjoy the loneliness in the darkroom that they had given me here. It was my sanctuary away from everything they could, would, or even try to do to me. I enjoyed the peace crazily. But against everything, I could never argue against anything they had done or will do to me. Not because I had no choice to but I physically could not. It was one of the things that drove me insane slightly. No one had a choice, this was a large beehive, and that the master we served and 'loved' was the queen. We the experiments were only the workers and the scientists were the drones. They only lived to be there for the master.

The clock on my wall sung out midnight and I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. Sighing once I took in the familiar touch. I was not afraid for this was not the first time I felt this touch. It brought me much comfort now that I've been here this long. I turned my head and saw her, my other half. Well, you could say that she was another half. Because of this place and what they had done to me I have sort of developed a multiple personality disorder. Two as I know of. She began to stare at me from behind with her face smiling but also hinting with worry. She was pretty unlike me but I guess that is how she wanted it. Looks can deceive others and they would deceive you to if you looked at her. Physically we change to look like the personality that we are. It gave me a sort of disguise to hide everything but her temper would get the best of her if I let her out.

She had long lead-colored hair and her eyes were a perfect shade of emerald green. Her lips and face were pretty and perfect. She had curves that would make any man fall and bow to her begging to spend the night, if only they knew. She was perfect to any man's standards I could see her as an evil woman if she was not attached to me. She had everything unlike me, I had long white hair that was kept regularly in a braid and bandages covered my body, and dark purple eyes. My body was covered in stitches and open wounds that they hid. My right was covered by these wrappings and they even had put the stitches in my eye. Without the hair and hospital gowns, I would look like a mummy from its tomb. She spoke softly to me as always.

"Come and sleep, please. You worry me so when you do this. Another sleepless night and they will punish us." I nodded slightly and turned over in the covers of my small metal bed. I pulled the thin material they had given me for warmth and huddled into a small ball. Her hand had disappeared and I was left alone again. Something I hated more than the footsteps growing closer to my door when they decided to come and visit me. I closed my left eye and fell asleep. The darkness enveloping my frail body as the memories that twisted themselves into dreams came and ran around me. A sound had drawn me from my slumber and I woke three hours later. A loud static sound had filled my head and I could not ignore it. I turned over into my bed and grabbed my I.V cage, taking the I.V bag filled with a strange blue liquid that seeped into my bloodstream and shuddered as my bare feet hit the cold ground. It ran no shiver through my body as I stepped across it.

I walked over at the large windows that looked out over the city. A forest could be seen on the other side of them. Every time I looked at them I want to be free and run through it. Wanting to feel the trees that I have seen instead of only feeling pain and smooth tables. I wanted to run through the grass and maybe even get cut but something that was not a needle or a scalpel. I looked below at an alleyway, that was usually lit by dwindling fires, and saw that the forest was covered in more fog than normal. It made it more and more Alluring to my eyes. The static grew louder and my vision began to go fuzzy. I saw a creature in the midst of all the static and blurry vision. It was tall and wore a black suit. Its face was featureless and white as snow. It looked nothing like something that was created here. Most of us had our faces and only were semi-disfigured. The creature looked up at my window and then the static sounds grew so loud I had to grab my head from the pain that it was giving me, before falling on the ground my I.V cage falling with me. Making a loud sound as I fell, but nothing that brought people coming to my door. Like they would even care.