Chapter 27

-3rd Person P.O.V

Louis didn't know what to do or how to react to Jamie being afraid of him. Never in his life would Louis ever lay a harmful hand on Jamie or Harry; he loved them too much. They were his family. His daughter's family. He loved them.

Louis had been moping around everyday for a week since after Christmas, trying to get Jamie to warm up to him again, but he wouldn't. Well, he at least was just a small bit. He would talk to Louis, but not the way they used to talk. Whenever Harry he to go to work while the kids were home, Jamie would cry and ask for harry until he came home. It hurt Louis, but he knew it wasn't Jamie's fault that he felt that way. It was his father. All of this was his father's doing. He destroyed the relationship between Louis and his son, and Louis hated it. He loved Jamie so much and would die for him in an instant, but because Joe Tomlinson couldn't leave the hybrids alone, their relationship was destroyed.

"Hey babies," Louis greeted after he picked them up from school one day. Adrianna smiled and hugged her dad while Jamie was a bit more hesitant to do so, but still did it. "Who wants to go visit Dada at work?" New Years was on Saturday, so that meant it'd be 2026 and Louis would be turning 30 in December and Harry would be turning 28 in February. Both kids would be five and before they knew it, baby girl would be in their arms in May. Crazy how time flies. Anna would be five in September and Jamie in August.

"Daddy? Guess what we learned today," Adrianna told her dad.

"Hm?"

"We learned the alphabet. Wanna hear?" Louis smiled.

"You have it memorized already?" She nodded her head and started to sing, forgetting 'J' and mixing up 'L', 'M', And 'N'. She also forgot 'R' and 'U' but Louis thought it was cute anyway and praised her. "Wanna show Dada?"

"Yes!" Louis parallel parked in front of the toy store and took the kids inside, smiling wide at the kitty-man sitting at the check out counter, looking at his phone.

"Dada!" Anna shouted and ran to him, Jamie stayed back without holding Louis' hand. Harry shot his head up and smiled at the little girl.

"Oh hi! Wasn't expecting you guys to come! How was school?" He asked Adrianna.

"Good! We learned the ABC's today. Wanna hear?" Out came Jackie as the little girl was singing to Harry in his arms. She smiled and set a box on the counter.

"Hate to interrupt," she said after Anna was done. "May I steel Harry for a second?" She said.

"Anna, that was absolutely wonderful. I'll be right back," he set her down and follows Jackie out of the room to help her stock some inventory they just got.

The two cat hybrids turned at the sound of the door to the stock room opening, but not seeing someone come in. Harry peaked over and sighed as his son came over, his thumb in his mouth.

"Jamie, does Daddy know where you are?" He just shrugged. "You shouldn't be back here," he just stood there, wanting to be with the one person he knew he could trust. He could trust Louis, he was just uneasy around him most of the time.

"He can stay," Jackie said, seeing how sad the little boy looked with his ears flat against his head and tail around his waist. "Wanna help me little buddy?" He pointed to Harry. "You wanna help him?" He nodded. "How strong are ya? Let me see your muscles," he smiled lightly and flexed his arms, making both Jackie and Harry giggle. "Your daddy can't lift heavy things or it could hurt the baby. Do you think you can carry this?" She held a box that wasn't heavy at all, just full of stuffed animals. He took the box and nodded. Harry grabbed another two boxes and out them on a cart, leading Jamie to the stuffed animals aisle.